National Theatre Wales TEAM

Information

National Theatre Wales TEAM

National Theatre Wales TEAM is an open invitation - a chance for you to join in, contribute, and help us generate some magic. Whether you are new to the arts or a veteran culture vulture, TEAM welcomes you and your curiosity, enthusiasm and imagination.

TEAM is a network that encompasses a whole range of individuals, from arts professionals, dedicated enthusiasts and those curious ones dipping their toe in for the first time. 

Website: https://www.nationaltheatrewales.org/collaborate/about-ntw-team
Members: 900
Latest Activity: Sep 9, 2021

Help Shape The Future

Once you are part of this growing network, you get the chance to take part in our creative activities, get special ticket offers for our shows, and opportunities to assist on our productions.

If you’ve got an idea that you want to share, a creative project that needs an outside eye to glance over it, or you are looking for some guidance from a supportive arts community you have come to the right place.

TEAM can offer you training to help you lead a project with confidence, set up a community group or craft a performance piece.

We invite you to post your events, ideas and opportunities here. Let’s get the word out, shall we?

Take a look at our Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/ntwteam/

You can contact us on team@nationaltheatrewales.org

Comment Wall

Add a Comment

You need to be a member of National Theatre Wales TEAM to add comments!

Comment by Laura Fay Thomas on March 15, 2015 at 21:27

Job Opportunity

Ushers for Mother Courage and her Children – Paid role

Thought I'd start the week by announcing a Job Opportunity! We are looking for Ushers for our upcoming Production Mother Courage and her Children in Merthyr Tydfil.

Find more information about this paid role and details how to apply read my blog HERE

Happy Monday!

Comment by Fire Exit Ltd on March 13, 2015 at 4:35

Scottish based company Fire Exit are touring around Wales with Long Live The Little Knife and having a fantastic time. Come see David Leddy's fast paced and raucous caper at The Riverfront,7:45pm tonight!

Trailer: http://vimeo.com/64540511

Tickets: https://nccsec.newport.gov.uk/tickets/en-GB/shows/long%20live%20the...

★★★★ "Dazzling... hugely enjoyable" The Guardian

★★★★ “Brilliant… coup de théâtre.” The Scotsman

★★★★ “Perceptive… penetrating…” The Herald

★★★★ "Dazzling... vitality" The Times

★★★★ "Uplifting... triumph" Fest Magazine

★★★★ "Full of theatrical inventiveness" The Public Reviews

★★★★ "Beautiful... told by a craftsman" Fringe Review

★★★★ "Great... funny... profound." TV Bomb

★★★★ "Extraordinary...masterful..." EdFestMag

★★★★ "Sharp ideas... relentlessly bright" The List

Comment by Efa Twm on March 13, 2015 at 0:47

It's My Shout Script Call Out - OPEN NOW for next year's series of Short Films!

It’s My Shout Productions is calling for short film scripts for its flagship series of short films. Both new and established writers of all ages are welcome to apply.

With almost 14 years of experience under its belt It’s My Shout is one of the foremost training schemes for talent, both in-front of and behind the camera, in Wales. Aiming to develop the skills and experience of our trainee film makers as well as making high quality films – It’s My Shout has won four BAFTA Cymru Awards.

The successful writers will be chosen to work with It’s My Shout, BBC Cymru Wales and S4C to develop a ten minute script each. The writers will receive industry mentoring and script work-shopping. The script will be developed and produced before being broadcast on either BBC Cymru Wales for English language films, or S4C for Welsh language films. Selected script writers must be available for regular script development meetings in Wales throughout pre-production, (intermittently during April to May 2015). For Welsh language scripts the devlopment process will be in collaboration with a Welsh community, as well as through workshops and script-writing mentoring.

Since we are looking to reflect modern Welsh communities and culture in the widest possible sense – strong Welsh connections are important. Applicants must either have been born in Wales, or be current residents.

We want to source new, original ideas and imaginative scripts, which will entertain and inspire our audiences. This year we are looking for as wide a variety of scripts as possible, you could write a romantic comedy, period drama, a gritty piece of social commentary, or even a musical! So don’t be scared to use your imagination.

PLEASE VISIT OUR WEBSITE FOR DETAILED CALL OUT AND APPLICATION DOCU...

Comment by Laura Fay Thomas on March 13, 2015 at 0:39

Hi TEAM,

It's a jam packed month of TEAM events this month, so here's a list of some opportunities and events you can get involved in. If you'd like to come along to any of these remember to RSVP to team@nationaltheatrewales.org

• 17th March- TEAM Finance & Fundraising training - Bangor READ MORE

• 20th March- TEAM Critical Chinwag to watch 'Y Fenyw Ddaeth o’r Mor' - Theatr Clwyd READ MORE

• 21st March- TEAM Workout & Skill Swap- Bridgend READ MORE

• 23rd March- North Wales Hub, Join the conversation! - Llandudno READ MORE

See you there!

Comment by Laura Fay Thomas on March 12, 2015 at 7:18

Great being in Aberystwyth today and hearing lovely feedback about Crouch, Touch, Pause, Engage!

Remember TEAM members can still get their hands on £5 TEAM tickets for the rest of the tour, including Bethesda, Aberdare and Bridgend!

Read more about how to claim your tickets HERE

Comment by Emma MacNab on March 11, 2015 at 4:47

TEAM Workout and Skill Swap is hitting Bridgend next week! Details are here Free for all TEAM members!

Comment by Simon Coates on March 11, 2015 at 1:18

-SUMMERCAMP 2015-

Have a look at blog to see what we were getting up to at Summercamp last year:

http://community.nationaltheatrewales.org/profiles/blogs/summercamp...

Still time to apply. Deadline is noon tomorrow.

Here's how:http://nationaltheatrewales.org/summercamp

Comment by Rob Keeley on March 10, 2015 at 22:37

Just seen the photos of the Word4Word evening Laura - looks like a good night.  Will have to keep an eye out for this in future.  When you have a moment could you solve something for me... who's the guy in the baseball cap and the purple checked shirt?  I'm sure I recognise him from somewhere but there are no names on the photos!

Thanks

Rob

Comment by Laura Fay Thomas on March 10, 2015 at 6:47

This Friday come along to the Big Democracy Project where we'll be asking the question 'Why does Identity matter?' a FREE performance & debate event hosted by artists with refugee and asylum status, exploring the importance of Identity @ Oasis Cardiff, 13th March 7pm

Read more HERE

Comment by Sophie McKeand on March 10, 2015 at 4:57

Dear TEAM members,

Critical Chinwag is back - this time in north Wales! 

We’re going to see Theatr Genedlaethol Cymru’s adaptation of Henrik Ibsen’s play The Lady from the Sea (Y Fenyw Ddaeth o’r Mor), translated into Cymraeg by the inspirational Menna Elfyn. 

In return for a FREE ticket and some lovely after-show refreshments Critical Chinwag participants agree to meet in the Haydn Rees room after the show and have a nice informal chinwag about the production. After that we ask that you tweet and/or blog about the experience and continue the discussion here on the NTW Community website page.

I’m a Welsh learner so the opportunity to try out a new Smartphone app called Sibrwd (meaning ‘Whispers’ in English) is really interesting to me. We download the app, plug in an earphone and listen to the whispered English prompts during the performance. What a fantastic idea! I’m dying to know if it works.

I’m happy to chat afterwards in Welsh and English (although my Welsh isn’t yet proficient enough to discuss the ins-and-outs of a play in depth).

You need to be an ntwTEAM member to apply for a ticket, so if you haven’t already done so set up a profile on NTW Community here: http://community.nationaltheatrewales.org/ and email: team@nationaltheatrewales.org to book a seat. (We only have a small number of tickets for this show so it’s first-come, first-serve.)

The performance we’ll go to see is Friday 20th March. 7.30pm, Clwyd Theatre Cymru, Mold.

Thanks for reading and I look forward to meeting some new friends!

Sophie

Members (900)

image block identification

© 2024   Created by National Theatre Wales.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service