Anna Poole's Comments

Comment Wall (44 comments)

You need to be a member of National Theatre Wales Community to add comments!

Join National Theatre Wales Community

At 23:25 on June 15, 2016, Rhoda Lane said…

Thanks Anna, I enjoyed the talk that you and Natasha gave at the DIFAW event on Monday in Swansea, very inspiring!

At 0:42 on December 15, 2015, Ray Thomas said…

Hi,

My name is Ray Thomas and I am currently co-ordinating the Skills and Development programme for Everyman Theatre, Cardiff. I think we met some time ago, when you were involved with Dirty Protest and "Parallel Lines" We are based in Chapter Arts Centre, where we organise events and workshops, Club Nights, as well as rehearse and stage productions.
For the coming year, we will focus our workshops on Directing and aspects of acting (physical work, voice work, Auditioning skills etc) and now wish to build upon the success of an inspiring session led by John McGrath on 28 September. He talked about his experience as a Director, his approach and  work with National Theatre, Wales, then delivered a practical session with our members.
One of our aims in the programme is to enhance our current skills base - honing current skills of our members, or introducing opportunities for them to develop new skills - with Professional input from current practitioners wherever possible. Further aims include broadening our range of work and activity, which currently includes 3 productions in Chapter's theatre; a Summer Open-Air Theatre Festival in Sophia Gardens; Club Nights held on a Wednesday evening; and Everyman Youth Theatre. Our membership stands at about 140.
I wondered if you would be interested in offering us some paid Workshops on Directing and Acting. We are planning to offer these in our Club Room in 2016, probably on a weekday evening (Directing) for 2 to 2 1/2 hours; and a whole day - Saturday - (Acting) for up to 6 hours, plus a lunch break. We are probably looking at dates in March, April, May and June - depending on availability.
If you are interested in delivering some of this paid work, please get in touch and we can arrange to meet up for further discussion. Please let us know what your fee/s might be for such work and we'll see if our budget can accommodate this!
Past sessions have included work on original script-writing (Mark Jenkins); Stage Management and Lighting (Paul Towson); Directing (John McGrath). We have also arranged sessions on Devising, Podcasts and Radio Drama Techniques, together with some Community Outreach work with a workshop session for a Parents' Group from Ely, all of which were delivered by Company members.
We are keen to build further bridges with local Professional Companies and Practitioners, having been very involved with RSC's Open Stages, RSC's "Dream" Team 2016, and the RNT's Connections Project (Youth Theatre) some of which is ongoing. John McGrath also suggested that we approach NTW, to establish and further develop more effective links.
I look forward to hearing back from you soon.
Best wishes
Ray

At 8:06 on June 13, 2015, Hannah Nelms said…

Hi Anna. Thank you for adding me to the team. I have already sent an email applying for the Edinburgh Fringe representative opportunity. I am eager to learn more on that. I have also put 'This is How we Die' in my diary and hope to attend. Thank you again. Hannah

At 4:25 on June 10, 2015, Tobias Manderson-Galvin said…

*bow*

At 3:42 on May 21, 2015, Jain Boon said…
Thanks Anna!
At 3:56 on May 19, 2015, Jac Ifan Moore said…

Thanks very much Anna, I'll be looking in to these

J

At 11:03 on February 13, 2014, Dylan JR said…

Hi Anna; I am interested in contributing as a writer to the e-mail I received from TEAM today but was unable to use the link provided . I therefore  thought I'd e-mail you directly to express my interest. I will also speak to Kelly (hopefully over the weekend if she's around) Good luck to you both with "The Drowned Girl" .

Cheers,

Dylan

At 5:53 on February 13, 2014, Siwan Humphreys said…

Hi Anna,

Tried to email a response to the Team email address in your message re: new project but the email didn't seem to work? Perhaps a slight error in address or my server being useless- team@nationaltheatrewales.org 
Is there a better way for me to show my interest in being part of your project?

Hope the urban mermaid is keeping you busy!

Siwan

At 5:19 on November 26, 2013, Allan Williams said…

Hello Anna,

Glad Khethi enjoyed it. Next production for Loose Cannons will be March 2014 over the border in Ellesmere Port as part of their Arts Festival, again performing our own work.

By the way my new email address is williamsallan64@gmail.com

Allan.

At 4:09 on November 26, 2013, Emma MacNab said…
Fab. Well maybe Friday? We could meet in Barkers and get a detox smoothie after my inevitable binge eating in the week before shows. That givves a few days after performance to get my head back into Skill Swap mode. If not then Thursday before lunch? X
At 0:37 on November 25, 2013, Allan Williams said…

Hello Anna,

Thank you for the plug for Empty Theatre it went very well  I'm glad to say.

We also met Khethi who was kind enough to come along and support.

Allan.

At 10:52 on November 20, 2013, Emma MacNab said…
Hi Anna,
Really hope Paralell Lines has been and is continuing to be awesome. I'm really hoping to get there to see it later this week.
Also, crossing fingers that I'm back from rehearsals in time to get to the Silly Kings TEAM night.
But let's meet up soon! First week of December? What's your fairy looking like?
X x
At 6:50 on October 15, 2013, Allan Williams said…

Hello Anna,

Excellent, look forward to welcoming you back to indian country soon.

Allan.

At 3:51 on October 11, 2013, Allan Williams said…

Hello Anna,

Just to let you know that Loose Cannons will be performing at the Ucheldre Centre Holyhead on 22nd and 23rd November in a play called The Empty Theatre which is a ghost story for Christmas.Would be good if some of you guys could make it up here.

Best Wishes

Allan.

At 6:27 on September 16, 2013, Dewi Evans said…
Hey Anna send it along to contact@dewievans.co.uk :-)
At 0:52 on August 28, 2013, Jack Muir said…

Hi Anna, thank you for the warm welcome! 

I'm actually involved in Stories of the Streetz next week, so very excited about that. 

Hamlet was brilliant thanks! Very well received from what I've heard. 

Looking forward to being involved with TEAM. Hopefully speak to you soon

Many thanks

Jack

At 10:36 on August 20, 2013, Tom Lloyd-Kendall said…

Hi Anna-

Thanks for the lovely warm welcome to National Theatre Wales Community and the TEAM! I will certainly be keeping a close on the Groups, and looking out for some fantastic opportunities!!

All the best,

Tom x

At 8:53 on July 9, 2013, Hugrún Jensen said…

Hi Anna :) Brilliant, I most certainly will. Thank you for the information. 

Best wishes, 

Hugrún. 

At 11:56 on March 1, 2013, Christopher Young said…

Hey Anna,

Thanks again for all your help today, I owe you one! Was great to meet you and look forward to DeGabay and to meeting some other people to! Deffinitly keep in touch and if you ever need anything sound wise then feel free to give me a shout and I'll help out any way i can.

Cheers

Chris

At 13:34 on February 21, 2013, Alexandra Newbon Liddle said…

Thank you!!

image block identification

© 2024   Created by National Theatre Wales.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service