National Theatre Wales TEAM

Information

National Theatre Wales TEAM

National Theatre Wales TEAM is an open invitation - a chance for you to join in, contribute, and help us generate some magic. Whether you are new to the arts or a veteran culture vulture, TEAM welcomes you and your curiosity, enthusiasm and imagination.

TEAM is a network that encompasses a whole range of individuals, from arts professionals, dedicated enthusiasts and those curious ones dipping their toe in for the first time. 

Website: https://www.nationaltheatrewales.org/collaborate/about-ntw-team
Members: 900
Latest Activity: Sep 9, 2021

Help Shape The Future

Once you are part of this growing network, you get the chance to take part in our creative activities, get special ticket offers for our shows, and opportunities to assist on our productions.

If you’ve got an idea that you want to share, a creative project that needs an outside eye to glance over it, or you are looking for some guidance from a supportive arts community you have come to the right place.

TEAM can offer you training to help you lead a project with confidence, set up a community group or craft a performance piece.

We invite you to post your events, ideas and opportunities here. Let’s get the word out, shall we?

Take a look at our Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/ntwteam/

You can contact us on team@nationaltheatrewales.org

Comment Wall

Add a Comment

You need to be a member of National Theatre Wales TEAM to add comments!

Comment by Laura Fay Thomas on October 5, 2015 at 5:31

Hi TEAM,

The next Critical Chinwag event will be happening this Friday 09th October 8pm to watch August012's new production, Yuri at Chapter Arts Centre!

Read more here: http://community.nationaltheatrewales.org/events/team-critical-chin...

x

Comment by rachel rosen on October 3, 2015 at 15:35
Comment by rachel rosen on October 3, 2015 at 14:53
Comment by rachel rosen on October 3, 2015 at 11:08
Blogging live from the Iliad all night marathon..

http://community.nationaltheatrewales.org/profiles/blogs/iliad-all-...
Comment by Laura Fay Thomas on October 2, 2015 at 0:47

Today we've launched our TEAM Snapchat!

Add us to get an insight into various TEAM and NTW events wherever you are.

Username: ntwTEAM

Tomorrow night TEAM member Rachel Rosen will be snapping live from the Iliad overnight marathon to give you an insight behind the scenes and reactions from audience, cast and crew. Be part of this epic night of theatre wherever you are!

Comment by Sophie McKeand on October 1, 2015 at 22:43

Fancy the opportunity to meet internationally renowned poet Ahmed Knowmadic? There's a free TEAM networking event in Cardiff on Monday 5th (also a nice halal buffet).

More info on my blog:

http://community.nationaltheatrewales.org/profiles/blogs/wales-pen-...

Hope to see you there!

Comment by Sophie Herrmann on October 1, 2015 at 11:22

Comment by Sophie Herrmann on October 1, 2015 at 11:21

Comment by Sophie Herrmann on October 1, 2015 at 11:10

Parallel Lines Day 3

Jan lead a fantastic physical (dance) warm up this morning to get the team moving and grooving before some concentration games which included a game I was previously taught by Becky Poole (Above Board Fitness) which she calls Space Invaders and involves making eye contact and releasing people by saying their name… I was completely embarrassed by accidentally referring to each actor by character name which had been firmly embedded in my brain from the two read throughs on day 1! A fun start to the day anyway!

Then onto a physical activity; moving around the performance space individually as each character but all at the same time (permission to interact if you were led to this naturally) with stimulating music such as “65 Days of static” to also start exploring sound inspirations. I have attached my two favourite images that were discovered during this process. Please note that these are not set and were not deliberately staged, merely an exploration that both myself and director, Catherine Paskell, loved key moments of. In these I loved the levels created and the way in which Steph (played by Lowri Palfrey) and Simon (Gareth Pierce) are in their separate worlds, separated physically by Melissa (Jan Anderson) and Julie (Sara Lloyd Gregory) yet still connected within the space by simply facing in each other’s direction.

Also created were wonderful moments of mirroring (subconscious on the part of the cast members who through R&D and character development implies an already established level of connectedness between them) with physical positions such as head bowed over versus head extended up and back, and with energy levels. A beautiful moment between Steph and Julie occurred when Steph accepted Julie’s pacing and movements within the space, having previously been quite still- a moment between mother and daughter where they bonded and Steph appeared as a child as opposed to the young woman she had portrayed previously. Until, Julie stopped her momentum and the relationship deteriorated once more.

Exploring individual worlds within the same physical space created so many powerful images and helped the actors to experience the performance space in which there is no off stage area. Perhaps the audience will see what the characters experience and feel in the scenes in between their spoken scripted dialogue? Would ‘background’ actions and images support or contradict the stories and words we are told- do we then believe what the characters are telling us? Very excited to continue exploring these ideas and really appreciative of NTW TEAM for giving me the opportunity to experience working creatively on this project and see the development process.

Lunch was spent listening to and discussing what sound says about each character and how it contributes to the audience experience and the implications on the meaning and messages they read into the performance. Some very high pitched synthesised sounds to experiment with. After lunch we are going to apply some of the physicality discovered this morning to initial scenes. Excited to return on Monday to see more. 

Comment by Sophie Herrmann on October 1, 2015 at 11:08

Plays in the Bag Writer Workshops with Dirty Protest

This fabulous opportunity for budding/emerging writers is not to be missed! As the Dirty Protest tour of 'Parallel Lines' gets underway they are keen to support new work and writers along the way by collaborating with established and wannabe writers in these bilingual and FREE workshops where you have the opportunity to write a new play (developing skills and picking up tips on the way) and see it performed that evening by an incredibly talented group of actors. 

As the Assistant Director on Parallel Lines (thanks to ntwTEAM) I cannot express enough how supportive and encouraging Dirty Protest are and how genuinely enthusiastic they are about working with new writers and on new ideas so don't miss out on this amazing experience to participate in workshops or come along and see the performances. 

The performance event in the evening is free to all audience in some venues (check with venue for ticket price and details). All evening performances are free to Parallel Lines tickets holders and workshop participants.

Email info@dirtyprotesttheatre.co.uk now to get involved at; 

Y Ffwrnes, Llanelli on 6th October 

Y Galeri, Caernarfon on 9th October 

Aberystwyth Arts Centre on 12th October

Pontardawe Arts Centre on 17th October

Members (900)

image block identification

© 2024   Created by National Theatre Wales.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service