Resources: A Creative Curriculum

Information

Resources: A Creative Curriculum

This is a group for anyone working with young people; a platform for you to share your ideas, activities and lesson plans created by you; if you happen to use NTW shows as your initial stimulus, then even better!  We are looking for fresh, innovative ideas with creativity at its heart, no matter what the subject area.  If you have any exemplar work of which you are particularly proud, any videos or audio of your pupils engaged in exciting creative activities then please include it here also.   We look forward to hearing your amazing ideas! 

Members: 43
Latest Activity: Aug 5, 2020

Discussion Forum

This group does not have any discussions yet.

Comment Wall

Add a Comment

You need to be a member of Resources: A Creative Curriculum to add comments!

Comment by Rosemary Anne Brown on January 22, 2016 at 9:46

Dissertation Theatre In Education Project

I am currently studying in Glyndwr university. I am creating a theatre in education show on teaching young children the welsh language. I was wondering if anyone would be interested to see the performance and if so please imbox me and I'll let you know more details. 
Comment by Naomi Chiffi on November 24, 2015 at 4:54
Hi all, 
Please take a look at these fantastic resources - thanks to Rhiannon for sharing: 
NEW THEATRE ON IPLAYER FOR SCHOOLS AND COLLEGES
Two outstanding new plays made by and for young people are available to view on BBC iPlayer as part of Live from Television Centre.

Both plays are theatrical, bold explorations of what it means to be a teenager in 2015 - and can be seen for FREE for a limited time only.  They're a great way to watch live theatre without leaving your classroom!

NO GUTS, NO HEART, NO GLORY is based on interviews with Muslim female boxers and is about being brave, determined and yourself. It challenges stereotypes and is a positive, unexpected representation of young Muslim women in a world and media which often has very limited representations of the Muslim community. 

Curriculum links: Drama, Citizenship, RE, English
WATCH NOW (skip to to 01:00)

BRAINSTORM is a thrilling exploration of the science behind adolescent brain development, drawing upon life experiences of the cast aged 14-19 and made in collaboration with leading cognitive neuroscientist Professor Sarah-Jayne Blakemore.

Curriculum links: Drama, Science, Citizenship, English
Comment by Naomi Chiffi on October 20, 2015 at 0:31

Hi all, thank you for joining - please don't forget to use this space as a platform for any creative ideas you have for working with young people - any resources you have created or currently use or any projects you have in mind for the future.  This is a space to share ideas and for any teachers who are currently unsure about how to include 'creativity' in their lessons to ask advice of artists and arts practitioners. Diolch!   

Comment by Naomi Chiffi on September 14, 2015 at 23:01

Excellent, thanks Bill.  See you later this afternoon

Comment by Bill Hamblett on September 7, 2015 at 0:22

Hi Naomi,

Yes it is online now at  http://cofiapysgota.org

Comment by Naomi Chiffi on September 6, 2015 at 9:39

That's a great start to this group - many thanks Bill, I look forward to viewing it.  Is it already available online?

Comment by Bill Hamblett on September 5, 2015 at 23:18

We have an amazing teaching resource it is in Welsh and English called Cofia Pysgota Remember fishing and was produced by Small World Theatre. The children were actively involved in the filming and interviewing for this resource as well as devising questions . The fishing industry in our coastal regions is under stress and ways of life under threat  I hope you are interested even though our process and production was not inspired by an NTW show but developed through our own practice applied both across Wales and internationally. It is available soon online for teachers and home schooled educators, Access it Cofia Pysgota.org

Members (43)

image block identification

© 2024   Created by National Theatre Wales.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service