A cold evening in September my phone rang. It was our previous Artistic director John McGrath, he offered me a great opportunity to take part in an international cultural exchange programme in Rio De Janeiro, Brazil - "A Arte de Intercâmbio." (The Art of Cultural Exchange).
I was one of 3 young artists from Britain taking part but what was special for me was that I was the only one representing Wales. As an artist from wales there's only one organisation that I could and would represent the Great NTW TEAM.
During my time in Brazil I couldn't help but connect with some of the young artists who live a much harder life than I could ever imagine. I couldn't help but think if only there was a National theatre of Wales here. The organisation that helped me realise my potential and made the realisation a reality. If only there was the same structure as NTW TEAM! If only, if only.
Boom! Idea ! I had an idea, I am a part of TEAM ! I've embedded the TEAM ethos and if these artists can't get to NTW, I'll bring a bit of NTW TEAM to them. Within my own practice!
I'm going back to Brazil next month to take part in Vagalume O Verde Carnival, I will volunteer all my skill to my dear friend Hugo and his project. His carnival brings together crowds of up to 5million people, a great platform for me to spread the word of TEAM and share the TEAM spirit. Thanks to Devinda I've got a bag full of TEAM TShirts ready for my gang to wear during carnival they are our Brazilian Team Members.

A group you will hear a lot about soon.
If anyone wants to know more about how they can help and get involved! Let me know on Facebook ( Ali zay ) or my email ( ali.goolyad@outlook.com)

Stay tuned for an update....
Tchau!!

Views: 238

Add a Comment

You need to be a member of National Theatre Wales Community to add comments!

Join National Theatre Wales Community

Comment by Simon Coates on February 8, 2017 at 3:09

!!! Amazing. Nice one Ali.

Comment by Ali Zay on February 2, 2017 at 2:51
Thanks Jen. Dev, its always a pleasure to represent.
Comment by Ali Zay on February 2, 2017 at 2:50
Thanks Guy.
Comment by Jenny Phillips on February 2, 2017 at 2:26

This is awesome Al! Have a safe trip x

Comment by Devinda De Silva on February 2, 2017 at 1:02

TEAM International! Thanks for your support over the years Ali and for helping us spread the word on your travels. Enjoy.

Comment by Guy O'Donnell on February 1, 2017 at 9:11

Thanks for the blog post Ali, sounds great, good luck!

Comment by Ali Zay on February 1, 2017 at 7:50
Hi Rachel, this is my first time doing something like this essentially my plan is to document my time there. Using people to tell stories rather make a story myself. So I guess I'm open to any advice one can give.
Comment by rachel rosen on February 1, 2017 at 7:10
This is really exciting Ali, I would love to help in some way - do you know what kind of help you want?
I heard myself saying literally yesterday (at the NTW offices) that we don't know how lucky we are in the UK sometimes, despite all the confusion and hardship.
I'm also on the TEAM panel, Dev obviously knows about what you are doing but is there something we can all be doing to support your idea?
Very best of luck with it anyway!

image block identification

© 2024   Created by National Theatre Wales.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service