Arts Marketing & Media Creatives

Information

Arts Marketing & Media Creatives

A group to share your work and latest discoveries. Discuss challenges and new developments with your professional network. 

ARTS MARKETING 

Head/Directors of Marketing Communications

Heads of press and PR

Marketing/Communications Managers

Digital Marketing Managers

Box Office Managers

Digital Marketing/Communications Officers

Marketing/Communications Assistants

Press Assistants

MEDIA CREATIVES 

Photographers

Filmmakers

Digital Creatives

Art Directors

Creative Directors 

Web Production 

Designers 

Social Media Gurus 

Members: 82
Latest Activity: Jul 24, 2019

Discussion Forum

Adapting to new Digital Ideas 1 Reply

Started by Jen Thornton. Last reply by Kelly Page Jan 5, 2012.

Arts Marketing is Dead? 6 Replies

Started by Jen Thornton. Last reply by Kelly Page Dec 13, 2011.

Print to web. Does it work? Can it work? 4 Replies

Started by Marc Heatley. Last reply by Marc Heatley Dec 8, 2011.

Jobs Adverts - Marketing / Digital / Media Creatives

Started by Matt the Hat Nov 29, 2011.

Digital Advertising 2011 / Digital solutions and use of social media 3 Replies

Started by Matt the Hat. Last reply by Matt the Hat Nov 14, 2011.

Comment Wall

Add a Comment

You need to be a member of Arts Marketing & Media Creatives to add comments!

Comment by Emrys Barnes on July 24, 2019 at 0:53

Shwmae pawb, hi folks!

Very excited to announce that The Emergency Room - Yr Ystafell Argyfwng is now live on Facebook! The team have been working hard behind the scenes to organise things, so follow here for free events, resources, and lots of positive content around culture and climate…
We are still very much open to discussing collaboration. Especially looking for people with experience of marketing and digital media, but everyone is welcome to get involved! info.emergencyroom@gmail.com

Comment by Emrys Barnes on June 24, 2019 at 2:37

Culture and the Climate Crisis - Callout!

Dear arty people, this year I will be Artist in Residence with the awesome Made in Roath. I am creating The Emergency Room, a space for the Welsh cultural sector to come together and map an urgent, effective response to the Climate Crisis. I am looking for partners and collaborators of all stripes to help make a BIG impact. Especially looking for people with experience of marketing, email emrysbarnes@gmail.com for more details 

xx

Comment by Amelia Forsbrook on August 13, 2013 at 23:46

It's out of Wales, but please pass this vacancy on to people who might be interested. I'm sick of sitting opposite an empty chair. Cheers!

Dancers Pro Web Admin Position...

Comment by Lewis Gwyther on July 16, 2013 at 4:47

This might be of interest:

Digital and Social Engagement

(Deadline extended to 29th July 12:00)

Earthfall are offering a 6-month full-time contract commencing September 2013.

This new role supports and enhances our Marketing and Communications activity and aims to further develop relationships with our audiences, potential audiences, stakeholders and venues through the use of digital and social channels.

For full job description click link below.

Digital and Social Engagement Job Specification

Digital and Social Engagement Job Specification Welsh

Comment by Kenon Man on September 25, 2012 at 22:52

Sherman Cymru are looking for a Temporary Digital Marketing Assistant to join their Marketing Team. Here's more info: Sherman Cymu Jobs

Comment by Kenon Man on April 18, 2012 at 22:55

I just saw this on Mashable

http://mashable.com/2012/04/06/press-release-blog-lessons-alternative/

I agree with Jen below that a simple copy and paste PR --->Blog is a big no no but blog post that supports the PR, using the same key words etc is probably a good thing?  

I suppose it's same messages - different language, different tools? :)

Comment by Jen Thornton on April 18, 2012 at 22:36

It's a good question. I find that it often depends where in the organisation it sits. Some have a 'digital' department, some have social media in the press team and some in the marketing team. I imagine that has the biggest impact on how campaigns are structured. 

There's also so many levels to 'digital' that it must vary. Facebook ads, for example, are a similar concept to print ads so probably fall more within marketing but Facebook statuses are more like the press model i.e. you need a headline and a hook for them to be picked up and shared. 

There's also something we don't often think about which is the different voices each thing uses. When we write for press it's all about factual sentences (which obviously must also be compelling) like "Hollywood star Michael Sheen is to return to Port Talbot" "The production opened at Tasker Milward School" etc but for social media and bloggers there's usually a much more personal voice and you find phrases like "I went to see the play at Sherman Cymru" "It made me think about my childhood" "I really enjoyed it and I'd love to go again" so when we're thinking about things to be picked up and taken forward, is the factual press style the right one for Twitter? Probably not. 

I really don't like it when organisations have a blog and just post press releases onto it. I honestly don't believe that's what blog readers are looking for! 

On the campaign side I guess it's just as important with anything that there are goals. I tend to think that digital and social media are just one of the ways we can communicate and should therefore be subject to the same objectives. Digital probably needs its own goals, though, underneath the objectives. I would imagine a well-crafted campaign to have something like: 

Objectives: more young people, increase attendance at matinees

Goals: 

Press - achieve coverage in 15 outlets across the preview period

Marketing - receive 400 clicks on our Facebook adverts; see a 10% sales rise after brochure mailing

Digital - engage 200 people in comments, likes and shares

... but that's just me. 

Comment by Kenon Man on April 18, 2012 at 22:06

Should a Digital Campaign plan be closely linked to the Press Campaign plan? Or at least be planned out in a similar way - targeting different messages to different audiences...like writing blog posts, facebook statuses, video blogs etc.

Obviously all plans should be intergrated but the goals of a digital campaign are usually very similar to the press goals? And especially how newspapers and journalists are using social media.  

..just a morning thought :P (probably an obvious thought)

Comment by Matt the Hat on March 20, 2012 at 1:20
Comment by Jen Thornton on January 27, 2012 at 3:02

"The more you listen, the better it works."

Lonely Planet's US Digital Editor talks about their social media strategy. Some interesting stuff. Read it here

Members (79)

image block identification

© 2024   Created by National Theatre Wales.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service