Hi everyone! We are so excited about the amount of interest in Word4Word! Organisation is now being taken over by National Theatre Wales’ TEAM programme and me and Anna Poole will be taking over the organisation with Mark Blayney Stuart for the next event.

We’ve been reading your comments and think that a theme is a great idea!

To kick off the next event and get the creative juices flowing the first theme will be Flight. So the sky won’t be too much of a limit…! We encourage you to interpret the theme in whatever way you like.

The people below are the list we have so far. There are five spaces left. If you would like to get involved please email word4word@nationaltheatrewales.org This will be our point of contact from now on – and the sole way to register interest to avoid confusions. If you are on the list please could you email us to confirm your attendance so that we can add you to the mailing list. We appreciate your cooperation as the organisation changes over.

Will Ford

Fritz O’Skennick

Emily

Mark Blayney

Steven Kenward

Jack Pascoe

Carmen Medway Stevens

Kit Lambert

Frank Thomas

Thea Lodwick

We would like to add that we are opening up this event to include all type of words and create a diverse platform for spoken creativity – and would welcome all poetry, performance poetry, spoken word, lyrics, micro-fiction, chunks of fiction, monologues, dialogues – anything you would like to present in five minutes. We’re open to your interpretation so get in touch!

If you have written something you would prefer someone else to read - for example a monologue – then we encourage you to use the community to link up with an actor and we can provide a space for you to meet and run through before the event on the 15th. If you need any more help with this process or a second pair of eyes we will be available. Don’t hesitate to get in touch.

There will be a prize pot for first, second and third place and a chance to headline at the next event for the winner. We have scrapped the entrance fee as well so no excuse not to get involved or come along! Headlines to be announced – so keep your ears to the ground.

There will be photography and filming on the night for the National Theatre Wales community and your participation is taken as agreement to being filmed and your image used for NTW community publicity. If you are unhappy about this, please discuss with us in advance of the night.

So spread the word – far and wide – and hope to see you all there!

Anna, Nat and Mark

xx

Views: 405

Replies to This Discussion

Great to see how this has developed.  And good you've flagged up that it's possible to have someone else read your work.   If it's now with the support of TEAM perhaps similar evenings can spread to other parts of Wales too - there's plenty of people out there doing good stuff.  Should be an excellent night - hope to see you there. 
Great idea Leona. If you (or anyone else) wants to have a chat about this or knows anyone who'd be interested in doing something similar in another part of Wales please get in touch.

Brilliant that something is finally happening that I'm not organising!!! ;-D I've already written a couple of blogs about the events: http://www.writeoutloud.net/public/blogentry.php?blogentryid=22391 & http://hackflash.wordpress.com/2011/08/13/event-word-4-word-gair-am... - I'll defo try and make it to the next one, tho I probably won't perform as have too many other things to be writing at the min... Some of these are spoken word-y in nature, and need people on board eg. the RSC Open Stages entry I've had accepted - http://www.rsc.org.uk/explore/projects/open-stages/ - friend me up if you'd like to be involved, or watch this space for further details!! See you on the 15th!! MJ x

Hi Anna, Nat and Mark,

This all sounds like exciting news for performers and audience-opening it up in a range of ways. Very encouraging. And scrapping entrance fee is good news. I look forward to taking part.

Jill Berrett

This is all fab to hear guys! Thanks very much Mab as well for your blogging and great news about RSC!

RSS

image block identification

© 2024   Created by National Theatre Wales.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service