APC Cardiff Combat Summer Course 2013

Event Details

APC Cardiff Combat Summer Course 2013

Time: July 13, 2013 at 10am to July 20, 2013 at 10am
City/Town: Llantwit Major, Wales
Website or Map: http://www.cardiffcombatworks…
Phone: 07944 341 113
Event Type: stage, combat, workshop
Organized By: Kevin McCurdy
Latest Activity: Jun 4, 2015

Export to Outlook or iCal (.ics)

Event Description

Hi,

My name's Kevin McCurdy. I'm Vice Chairman of the Academy of Performance Combat and I co run the Cardiff Combat Summer workshop.

It's a non profit residential workshop that we've held here in Llantwit Major for the past 12 years and it immerses you into the world of stage combat in which you are trained for a full week by our Academy teachers and at the end of the week, you are graded by one of our Academy examiners, that's also an Equity registered Fight Director.

The grade that you get is Equity recognised.

We have different levels ranging from:

Level 1: Basic through to Honours. We also started up 'fighting for film' last year. (You can only do that if you've completed your Advanced training. Sorry).

Come and brush up, (or learn new ones),your stage combat skills, and make new friends and contacts.

All of our teachers are working in the profession either as Equity Fight Directors or Stage Combat tutors at Accredited Drama Schools, (or both).

The price for the week is £600 and it covers everything: full board (4 people sharing a dorm room), 3 meals a day, full training, insurance, exam fee, extra curricular workshops, full use of the castle grounds and facilities (swimming pools, tennis and basketball courts, gym, castle grounds, internet.

Our participants come from all over, (UK, USA, Holland, Belgium), to name but a few.

If you're interested, give me a ring and have a look on our website.

For details about our Academy, visit www.the apc.org.uk and we're also on Facebook (Academy of Performance Combat).

Best wishes,

Kevin McCurdy (Vice Chairman APC; Equity registered Fight Director; APC Examiner and Stage combat tutor)

Comment Wall

Add a Comment

RSVP for APC Cardiff Combat Summer Course 2013 to add comments!

Join National Theatre Wales Community

Attending (1)

Might attend (3)

image block identification

© 2024   Created by National Theatre Wales.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service