Event Details

HUDDLES: Chapter

Time: November 24, 2014 from 1pm to 6pm
Street: Market Road
City/Town: Cardiff
Website or Map: http://nationaltheatrewales.o…
Event Type: huddle
Organized By: Rhian Richards
Latest Activity: Dec 2, 2014

Export to Outlook or iCal (.ics)

Event Description

24 Nov 2014 | Chapter Arts Centre | 1pm - 6pm

The first Huddle of the series will be held at and hosted by Chapter Arts Centre.

What will happen?

We have been able to confirm three fantastic speakers to share their worldly wisdom with us.

• Independant Creative Producer, Laura Drane will be giving us a rundown on freelancing, talking about the pros and cons behind different company formations and enterprising ways to think about income.

• Tax Guru, Elliott Buss will be discussing Personal Tax, VAT & National Insurance and how to avoid the pitfalls

• Andy Eagle, Director of Chapter Arts Centre will be discussing how Chapter currently likes to work with artists by talking about their programming and their approach to artist support.

There will also be opportunities for 1-2-1 surgeries with Laura, Elliot and Andy as well as members of the National Theatre Wales and Chapter staff.

If you’d like to come along and be a part of the first Huddle, sign up!

If you cant make it, don’t worry, all three talks with be hosted online so you can enjoy from the comfort of your own home. More information on this soon.

Bydd Haid gyntaf y gyfres yn cael ei chynnal yn, a chan, Ganolfan Gelfyddydau Chapter.

Beth fydd yn digwydd?

Rydym wedi cadarnhau tri siaradwr ardderchog i rannu eu profiad a’u doethineb gyda ni.

• Bydd y Cynhyrchydd Creadigol Annibynnol, Laura Drane yn rhoi sgwrs i ni ar waith llawrydd, gan drafod manteision ac anfanteision gwahanol ffurfiau ar gwmnïau a ffyrdd arloesol i feddwl am incwm.

• Bydd yr Arbenigwr Treth, Elliott Buss yn trafod Trethiant Personol, TAW ac Yswiriant Gwladol a sut i osgoi’r problemau.

• Bydd Andy Eagle, Cyfarwyddwr Canolfan Gelfyddydau Chapter yn trafod sut mae Chapter yn hoffi gweithio gydag artistiaid drwy drafod llunio rhaglenni a’u hagwedd at gefnogi artistiaid.

Bydd cyfleoedd hefyd ar gyfer syrjeris 1-i-1 gyda Laura, Elliot ac Andy yn ogystal ag aelodau staff National Theatre Wales a Chapter. 

#ntwHuddles

Comment Wall

Add a Comment

RSVP for HUDDLES: Chapter to add comments!

Join National Theatre Wales Community

Comment by Rhisiart. Morgan on December 2, 2014 at 8:28

Yr Hyddgen are looking for Bilingual performers in June for Maindee. (Newport) festival which is a multi-cultural (world) festival but could perhaps do with some Welsh culture too! If you want to work with our group Yr Hyddgen and the Congress Theatre Cwmbran,  please contact me on Yrhyddgencymru@gmail.com..:-)

Comment by Simon Coates on November 25, 2014 at 3:59

Hi Gillian

I'm sorry that you weren't impressed by the Huddle yesterday. It's important to know that it was the first event of a series of four that are designed to pilot the initiative. I'm already planning the changes for next time so your comments will be taken into consideration.

I asked Laura to present due to her experience of establishing and running her business in different ways (sole trader/ company ltd etc). As we are not a training provider it was important to me that she speak from her personal experience in an effort to give people, with limited experience, an idea of the potential pros and cons. I think her presentation did a great job of highlighting that information. People were then also sign posted to other organisations who are best placed to offer the bespoke training that you might be looking for. Including Business in Wales and CULT Cymru. CULT Cymru also have a skills survey that they use to find out what type of training people are looking for, which can be found on their website.

We have received a lot of very positive feedback from other members of the group who were there for the day. I hope you will join us for another of the Huddles in the future.

Comment by Gillian Brightmore on November 24, 2014 at 21:13

It was a pity, I felt  that yesterday Laura Drane's experience only related to her time of starting- up over ten years ago ,and therefore not relevant to our current situation in 2000's as , 'creatives' in a  time of severe austerity.

I would be glad of any feedback from the team about this event as I felt the facilitation by Simon was rather ,'lack lustre;' to say the last.

After all NTW is heavily funded by the Welsh taxpayer and so should attempt at least to relate to the,'real' world, should it not ?

Kind regards,Gillian K.Brigtmore.

Comment by Rhisiart. Morgan on November 18, 2014 at 13:26

Sorry Rhian , work has stopped play.

Hwyl

Attending (19)

Might attend (6)

Not Attending (2)

image block identification

© 2024   Created by National Theatre Wales.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service