Event Type: forum, discussion
Organized By: Rhian Richards
Latest Activity: Feb 2, 2017

Export to Outlook or iCal (.ics)

Event Description

Access Forum: Jo Verrent
Thursday 2 February, 6-8pm
Japan Room, Wales Millennium Centre, Cardiff

For our next forum, we're welcoming a guest speaker, Jo Verrent, to talk to us about creating work, producing work, making work accessible, reaching new audiences... the list is potentially endless!

There will be plenty of time for questions and discussion with Jo.

The venue is fully accessible, and Sheryll Holley will be our Palantypist, providing remote live captioning throughout.

If you have any questions about access for the event, please get in touch with Rhian on rhianlewis@nationaltheatrewales.org

About Jo Verrent

Jo believes that ‘different’ is delicious not divergent. She works in arts & culture at strategic levels embedding the belief that diversity adds texture, turning policy into real action.

Jo is the senior producer for Unlimited, the world’s largest commissions programme for disabled artists based in the UK.

Working with Sarah Pickthall, she created SHORT CIRCUIT – fusing disabled artistry and digital acumen, PUSH ME – a series of shorts and SYNC examining the interplay between disability and leadership.

She is also a practicing artist, creating the award winning Take Me to Bed with Luke Pell which is now touring internationally.

Jo has won both Cosmopolitan’s woman of achievement award and her village’s cup for making jam.

@joverrent @weareunltd

Comment Wall

Add a Comment

RSVP for Access Forum: Jo Verrent to add comments!

Join National Theatre Wales Community

Comment by Carys Seren Mol on January 27, 2017 at 13:54

Looking forward!
Will anyone be traveling from Swansea by car, that would be happy for me to jump in?

Comment by Megan Merrett on January 17, 2017 at 0:19

My phone tells me this is on Groundhog Day.

I'll be there. Will spread the word to hynt venues to attend too.

Attending (12)

Not Attending (1)

image block identification

© 2024   Created by National Theatre Wales.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service