Event Details

Tide Whisperer

Time: September 13, 2018 at 6:30pm to September 16, 2018 at 6:30pm
Street: De Valence Pavilion, Upper Frog Street
City/Town: Tenby
Website or Map: https://www.nationaltheatrewa…
Phone: +44 (0)29 2037 1689
Event Type: theatre
Organized By: National Theatre Wales
Latest Activity: Sep 12, 2018

Export to Outlook or iCal (.ics)

Event Description

Archebwch Nawr / Book Now​

Ysgrifennwyd gan / Written by Louise Wallwein
Cyfarwyddwyd gan / Directed by Kully Thiarai

#NTWTIDE

Profiad ymdrochol wedi’i ysgrifennu gan y bardd a dramodydd Louise Wallwein, mi fydd Tide Whisperer yn mynd i’r afael â’r ffenomen byd-eang o ddadleoli a symudiadau torfol. Mae niferoedd uwch nag erioed yn symud ar draws y byd. Sut beth yw gadael eich cartref, i fyw gyda’r ansicrwydd efallai na fyddwch byth yn dod o hyd i un arall?

Mae The Tide Whisperer yn llawn straeon, yn fythol yn nomad, wedi teithio i’r cefnforoedd ac wedi cael ei gludo gan y llanw i lannau newydd braf.

Ar lannau Dinbych-y-pysgod, mae’r gynulleidfa yn casglu. Mae’r llanw yn troi’n gyflym ac mae storm yn dod. Mae’r dyfodol yn teimlo’n ansicr – mae dynoliaeth yn symud ac yn ceisio lloches. A fyddwn yn wynebu caredigrwydd neu’n cael ei gwrthod; yn cael cynnig lle diogel neu’n gorfod goroesi ar y môr peryglus, brawychus?

An immersive experience written by poet and playwright Louise Wallwein, Tide Whisperer will tackle the global phenomenon of displacement and mass movement. Record numbers are on the move all over the world. What is it like to leave your home, and to live with the uncertainty of ever finding another?

The Tide Whisperer is full of stories, forever a nomad, having travelled the oceans and been carried by the tide to fresh new shores.

On the shores of Tenby, the people gather. The tide is turning fast and a storm is coming. The future feels uncertain – humanity is on the move and seeking refuge. Will we be met by kindness or rejection; offered sanctuary or forced to survive the perilous, treacherous sea?

Comment Wall

Add a Comment

RSVP for Tide Whisperer to add comments!

Join National Theatre Wales Community

Attending (5)

Might attend (2)

Not Attending (3)

image block identification

© 2024   Created by National Theatre Wales.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service