Event Details

Roots 2019

Time: November 27, 2019 from 7:30pm to 10pm
Street: Neuadd Dwyfor
City/Town: Pwhelli
Website or Map: https://ndcwales.co.uk/roots-…
Event Type: dance
Organized By: National Dance Company Wales
Latest Activity: Oct 8, 2019

Export to Outlook or iCal (.ics)

Event Description

Roots 2019
Four short pieces of dance from Wales, each different from the one before it.

Roots is a guided tour through contemporary dance. We take some of our favourite pieces and pair them with a discussion to help you get to the heart of the stories, and learn behind-the-scenes secrets.

Rygbi: Annwyl i mi / Dear to me by our Artistic Director Fearghus Ó Conchúir celebrates rugby in Wales and highlights the hopes, glory and passion of rallying together on and off the pitch.
Rygbi was created with input from rugby fans and players across Wales so that the dance really echoes the sport.

Écrit by Nikita Goile was inspired by a letter from iconic artist Frida Kahlo to her partner Diego.
The clever duet is performed by a female dancer and a giant silhouette of her lover. It’s a beautiful power struggle that reflects the ups and downs of passionate relationships.

Why Are People Clapping!? by Ed Myhill is set to composer Steve Reich’s Clapping Music and uses rhythm as a driving force.
The dancers use lively movement and clapping to create a soundtrack for the fun and dynamic dance.

Codi is by Anthony Matsena who grew up in Swansea and is about Welsh people who come together to tackle isolation and depression during troubled times. It’s an energetic and uplifting dance about the strength of communities.
Roots 2019
Pedwar darn dawns byr o Gymru, pob un yn wahanol i'r un o'i flaen.

Mae Roots yn daith dywys drwy ddawns gyfoes. Rydym yn cymryd rhai o'n hoff ddarnau a'u paru gyda thrafodaeth i'ch helpu i fynd at wraidd y straeon, a dysgu'r cyfrinachau o'r tu ôl i'r llenni.

Mae Rygbi: Annwyl i mi / Dear to me gan ein Cyfarwyddwr Artistig Fearghus Ó Conchúir yn dathlu rygbi yng Nghymru ac yn amlygu gobeithion, bri ac angerdd tynnu at ein gilydd ar y cae ac oddi arno.
Crëwyd Rygbi gyda mewnbwn gan gefnogwyr a chwaraewyr rygbi ar draws Cymru fel bod y ddawns yn sicr yn adleisio'r gamp.

Mae Écrit gan Nikita Goile yn dwyn ysbrydoliaeth o lythyr a ysgrifennwyd gan yr artist eiconig, Frida Kahlo at ei phartner, Diego.
Perfformir y ddeuawd glyfar hon gan ddawnsiwr benywaidd a silwét enfawr o'i chariad. Mae'n frwydr o bŵer hardd sy'n adlewyrchu'r da a'r drwg mewn perthnasoedd angerddol.

Mae gwaith Ed Myhill Why Are People Clapping wedi'i osod i Clapping Music y cyfansoddwr Steve Reich, ac mae'n defnyddio rhythm fel ysgogydd.
Mae'r dawnswyr yn defnyddio symudiadau bywiog a chlapio i greu trac sain ar gyfer y ddawns hwyliog a deinamig hon.

Mae Codi gan Anthony Matsena a fagwyd yn Abertawe, ac mae'n ymwneud â Chymry sy'n tynnu at ei gilydd i fynd i'r afael ag unigrwydd ac iselder yn ystod cyfnodau cythryblus. Mae'n ddawns egnïol a chalonogol am gryfder cymunedau.

Comment Wall

image block identification

© 2024   Created by National Theatre Wales.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service