Street: Market road
City/Town: Canton, Cardiff
Phone: 07975747903
Event Type: rehearsed, reading
Organized By: Ankur Sengupta
Latest Activity: Aug 20, 2021

Export to Outlook or iCal (.ics)

Event Description

I am looking for a BLACK FEMALE actor aged late 20’s to mid 40’s (or older if possible), preferably South Wales based.

name of stage play: HELLO HOTLINE!

synopsis: “Two women. One who needs to help people. Another who desperately needs to be helped. During their rapid rife highly caffeinated conversation, truths are revealed, lines are crossed and sincerity itself is tested. Set in a call centre”

duration: I’m aiming for about 30-35 minutes. It’s a fringe show

payment: £30 per hour, every hour we rehearse and £30 for the actual rehearsed reading for Cockpit Theatre. Also travel expenses will be reimbursed

Unfortunately due to covid we cannot physically be in the venue (Cockpit Theatre, London), but we can however film the reading and upload it to them so they can broadcast it via their facility for new writing.

Actors may want to make themselves available for a live Q&A and feedback session after the event (probably via zoom) for the Cockpit Theatre online audience

Hopefully this will be a good opportunity for actors to invite industry people to view themselves during the reading when Cockpit puts it online.

I’m on Facebook advertising this so you can DM me there, or on here if you have any questions, and I’ll try my best to answer them. I have already cast the role of the only other character but I haven’t had a definite agreement from her yet, so watch this space….until I get a definite “yes” from the other actor I may need to recast for a WHITE FEMALE actor aged 20-25, preferably from South/West Wales area.

links to CV’s are welcome, don’t worry if you don’t have much theatre experience…that’s what rehearsals are for! Also it’s a rehearsed reading, so obviously you’ll have your scripts in hand - please don’t be so concerned about being off book. 

please note: it is a very hyper-verbal script revolving around the themes of depression, suicide and genuine human connection. It’s partly (loosely) autobiographical. NOT SUITABLE FOR CHILDREN. 

I am organising a finished filmed and edited version of the rehearsed reading by the 5th of September, so we’ll have about two weeks to get it sorted.

okay, that’s it folks, thank you for taking the time to read this long blurb. Looking forward to any responses and your CV’s! 

Comment Wall

Add a Comment

RSVP for ***PAID ACTING GIG*** Rehearsed Reading for Cockpit Theatre, London to add comments!

Join National Theatre Wales Community

Attending (1)

image block identification

© 2024   Created by National Theatre Wales.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service