Early Days of a Better Nation

Information

Early Days of a Better Nation

Join this group to get up to date information about Coney's research and development performance in Cardiff:

The revolution is over. It is time to start shaping your new nation.  

What are the rules we want to live by? Who leads us? Why are we a country at all?

Early Days of a Better Nation is about the opportunity to start again.

A theatrical exploration of the nature and limitations of democracy, which may - or may not-  unravel into a political game of unintended consequences.

This is an early scratch performance for an audience of 120 people. It builds on the audience-led theatre of Coney’s "A Small Town Anywhere"

Developed with National Theatre Wales and supported by BAC

Made by Coney, here represented by Annette Mees, Mink Ette, Jason Sutton and Sam Howey Nunn

“Understatedly audacious… an interrogation of ideology and its

poisonous effect on community… the fraught final stages feel as

complex and electrifying as any actor-based drama. The moral decisions

we are asked to take might seem simplistic to a fly on the wall, but

the luxury of such detachment is long gone.”

Andrzej Lukowski, reviewing A Small Town Anywhere for Time Out.

“An important pointer to how theatre is developing,”

Will Gompertz, BBC Arts Editor on A Small Town Anywhere

Join our event: http://community.nationaltheatrewales.org/events/early-days-of-a-better-nation#cy

Members: 85
Latest Activity: Apr 11, 2014

Discussion Forum

What One Thing Would You Change To Make This a Better Nation?

In the run up to Thursday's Scratch performance and on this lovely overcast Monday we would like to know: What One Thing Would You Change To Make This a Better Nation? We are also posing the question…Continue

Tags: Nation, Important, Issues, Society, Better

Started by Sarah Jane Leigh May 14, 2012.

Comment Wall

Add a Comment

You need to be a member of Early Days of a Better Nation to add comments!

Comment by John Richard Jones on July 10, 2012 at 1:12

I am a little bit late responding to this invite for Early Days of a Better Nation but as it isn't until next year I hope all will be okay. If I can get the time I shall take part.

Comment by Annette Mees on May 21, 2012 at 0:12

As Sarah said - all feedback & experiences really welcome. 

This was very much a first stab at something that will be a show next year. At this point we don't know what the show might look like. 

We might loose everything about the structure we used on Thursday or keep part of it. We might cut some elements and deepen and develop others. 

In return below a couple of blurry iPhone pictures I made on the night :)

Comment by Sarah Jane Leigh on May 20, 2012 at 23:46

Hi Rhodri,

Thank you for your post! Audience feedback is really valuable and important at this point to the creators of the show.

If anyone else would like to and can spare the time to write about their experience of Early Days, it would be very much appreciated.

Thanks again!

Comment by Sarah Jane Leigh on May 16, 2012 at 21:46

Hi Everyone, tickets are now sold out although there will be more than likely some returns on the door so if you were thinking of coming please pop by.

Comment by Sarah Jane Leigh on May 15, 2012 at 22:54

Hi Everyone, here is the link to an interview had with Annette about Early Days, we only have our last few tickets remaining for for tomorrow evening so if you'd like to join in book your tickets to avoid disappointment: lhttp://katiebrownonculture.blogspot.co.uk/2012/05/early-days-of-bet...

Comment by Sarah Jane Leigh on May 9, 2012 at 1:33

Hi Group,

We now have a Facebook event as well: http://www.facebook.com/events/224955907615510/

It would be great if you'd join and invite anyone you think would also be interested in attending who aren't members of the National Theatre Wales Community.

Thanks

Sarah

Comment by Annette Mees on May 9, 2012 at 1:15

We've started making some elements for the show. The very first thing to role of the presses is the New Nation News jingle Generic%20News%20Bulletin.mp3

Comment by Angela Smith on May 5, 2012 at 1:33

Thanks Annette, its in the diary so all being well I look forward to meeting you there. Sounds great. X

Comment by Cari Barley on May 5, 2012 at 1:28

Hi Sarah,

I really enjoyed the video.  Thanks for sharing!

Cari

Comment by Annette Mees on May 5, 2012 at 1:22

Hi Angela,

We're not doing any additional workshops this time around. The performance on the 17th is the first sketch towards the development of the show. We're really keen to use the evening to start a dialogue with audiences and other makers. 

We're hoping to make workshops part of the next stages of the development process though. See the 17th as a showing of a first outline that is waiting to be filled in that next development & workshop phase. 

Really hope you can join us!

Members (82)

image block identification

© 2024   Created by National Theatre Wales.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service