Information

Rhayader Rocks

Hi all! Here's the group for us to have share ideas, arrange stuff, keep discussions going and...anything and everything else you want it to be!

We're supported by NTW TEAM!

Members: 40
Latest Activity: Oct 14, 2014

Discussion Forum

What makes a good story? 6 Replies

Are you sitting comfortably?...then I'll begin. What makes up a good story? Some say never spoil a good story with the truth. I love it when the exaggeration gremlins get into a story.My Great…Continue

Started by Alan Samuel. Last reply by Peter Cox MBE Jan 31, 2013.

Comment Wall

Add a Comment

You need to be a member of Rhayader Rocks to add comments!

Comment by Eva Meijering on February 13, 2014 at 1:42

Hi Rhayaders,

Here is the link to my blog about the week with PeerGroup and NTW in november.

http://community.nationaltheatrewales.org/profiles/blogs/rhayader-h...

Comment by Sarah Jane Leigh on January 20, 2014 at 4:35

Hi All my Rhayader Friends! I'm working on a Dylan Thomas 100 Festival project and we are coming to Rhayader with open call auditions for the project. We are really interested in finding people who have unusual vocal talents or use their voices for work. We are in Rhayader on the 2nd of February at CARAD, it'd be great to see everyone there and please tell people who you know who have any of these to come along. As usual I am endeavouring to have tea and biscuit! Here is more information: http://community.nationaltheatrewales.org/profiles/blogs/lleisiau-o...

Sarah x

Comment by Buddug James Jones on November 26, 2013 at 11:25
Comment by Rebecca Louise Collins on November 25, 2013 at 11:44

Hello everyone - here is a link to a few words of mine about our time with PeerGroup in Rhayader http://community.nationaltheatrewales.org/profiles/blogs/dullness-m...

Comment by Clare Parry-Jones on November 25, 2013 at 10:26

Hello Rhayader Rocks!  Thanks for a great time spent in Rhayader.  Here's the link to my blog:

http://community.nationaltheatrewales.org/profiles/blogs/a-bit-over...

Comment by Kama Roberts on November 22, 2013 at 11:12

Hiya Guys, Here is the link to my blog if you would like to take a look. Thank you everyone for your time, inspiration and hospitality-it was a great week http://community.nationaltheatrewales.org/profiles/blogs/my-experie...

Comment by Ralph Bolland on November 19, 2013 at 14:06

Only just catching breath after a very, very enjoyable residency in old Rhayader town with John, Gavin, Simon and a posse of new Dutch friends from Peer Group.

Spent one afternoon on a 'diversion' up a hill with with Bud Jones (theatre designer) and Gwynfor (the local hedge-layer). I think we laid about 5 metres of hedge between us although Gwynfor had probably done about 25 on his own before Bud and I arrived to slow his progress. Hugely enjoyable none the less.

Dirk (from Friesland) made a wonderful connection with some local guys who were big into fly fishing and took him under their wing for a few days. He was hugely inspired to create a lovely little piece of theatre about his late grandfather and the time they spent fishing when Dirk was a little un. Brought a wee tear to my eye!

Clare Parry Jones made me laugh and laugh and laugh. Nice lady, top clown!  She was also the only one of us (I think!) who received a marriage proposal from a local. Well done for that too, Clare.

I wasn't far from home at all and it was terrific to have our National theatre in the neighbourhood. Peer Group are an exciting, vibrant, mould-breaking company who are doing what everyone in Holland said couldn't be done and making the metro elites rethink where good theatre has to take place. Thank you Sjoord, Flores and Weike for your patience, your art and your inspiration.

We also found time to play pooh sticks, bingo, wine tasting (repeatedly), composting, community singing, speed dating, karaoke, cartography for beginners, and numerous other activities too numerous to recount. Thanks, NTW for making it happen and thanks to me fellow artists and new friends (7 welshies and 2 dutch). 

Comment by Buddug James Jones on September 23, 2013 at 8:25

Only this week left to get be involved with this amazing residency by two amazing companies!

Comment by Gavin Porter on September 17, 2013 at 4:35

NATIONAL THEATRE WALES and PeerGrouP

ARTIST DEVELOPMENT RESIDENCY 

National Theatre Wales are partnering with one of The Netherlands' leading theatre companies working in site-specific theatre: PeerGrouP. Together we will be offering a 5-day artist development residency looking at the approach, in-depth methodologies and ethos of this forward-thinking company. Artists will have the opportunity to immerse themselves in PeerGrouP’s unique practice and find ways to apply it to their own work.

PeerGrouP say:
"Instead of focusing on what to make in situ, we focus on how to make in situ. How does an artist develop a creative/artistic process, which really connects to and is specific for the site where you're working? These workshops are a way to learn to look at a location with new eyes, but also at your own way of creating work." 

We are looking for 8 artists from Wales, working in any discipline with a performance element to their practice, to join PeerGrouP in Powys between 13th and 16th November. Your travel to and from the residency will be provided as well as accommodation for the duration. 

To apply please send an expression of interest (text or video link) outlining:

• Who you are
  • What you do
  • Why you would like to be involved
  • Links to where we can find your work online

Email Gavin Porter by 12 noon on 27 September.

Comment by Alan Samuel on July 24, 2013 at 8:35

So...did the Skype meeting kick off? 

Is there anything I and the Rhayader gang can do to join dots?

9th - 17th Nov still the provisional dates?

Al 

Members (38)

image block identification

© 2024   Created by National Theatre Wales.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service