Information

NTW21 - Coriolan/us

8-11 and 15-18 August 2012

From
SHAKESPEARE and BRECHT

Directed by
MIKE PEARSON and MIKE BROOKES

From the team that created our startling version of Aeschylus’s The Persians on the military training ranges of mid-Wales, the story of Caius Martius – Coriolanus – is re-imagined in the era of 24-hour news, of celebrity culture, and of a new global politics.

In association with the Royal Shakespeare Company. Commissioned for the World Shakespeare Festival, which is produced by the Royal Shakespeare Company for London 2012 Festival.

Tickets on sale now - Click Here to book

£15 (£7 concessions)

Website: http://nationaltheatrewales.org/whatson/performance/ntw21
Members: 91
Latest Activity: Mar 23, 2013

Tickets for Coriolan/us are now on sale. Book now via Eventbrite online, or call Wales Millennium Centre on 029 2063 6464 for telephone sales. 

Tickets are £15 (Concessions £7). 

If you would like to join us for the coach transfer from (and back to) Barry Station, please book that separately here

Discussion Forum

Lift Sharing!

Are you going to Coriolan/us but would like to be a bit green and share a lift? Post here if you would like a lift, or can offer a lift, and remember to say which day you're going to the show. If you…Continue

Tags: driving, liftshare, ntw21

Started by Jen Thornton Aug 6, 2012.

Comment Wall

Add a Comment

You need to be a member of NTW21 - Coriolan/us to add comments!

Comment by Mike Brookes on March 23, 2013 at 13:26
...a set of 50 rehearsal and performance stills from our Coriolan/us have finally been added to my web archive.

All the best...
Comment by carmen medway-stephens on September 18, 2012 at 22:04

I thought some of the actors looked amazing on the screen, thanks for posting these

Comment by Lucy Davies on September 18, 2012 at 1:18

These snapshots are brilliant Mike - pulled right back there, but with the camera's gaze - extremely powerful... I'm on the phone to Film Agency Wales right now...! x

Comment by Mike Brookes on September 18, 2012 at 0:41

A few small Coriolan/us clips - pulled from the live screen feeds - just posted on my <fragments blog...

Comment by Mike Brookes on August 25, 2012 at 3:48

A quick Coriolan/us camera phone image post at <fragments - many thanks to everyone who joined us there.

Comment by John E R Hardy on August 9, 2012 at 12:45

I am completely amazed and delighted by this show. Please do not miss it.

Comment by Gwawr Loader on August 8, 2012 at 21:05

Huge congratulations to everyone involved. Amazing to see such exciting, sensory theatre. Beautiful performances and technically pretty perfect! Hope you enjoy the rest of the run and best of luck with press night tonight xx

Comment by Will Ford on August 8, 2012 at 5:56

Not been to a 'promenade performance' show before, so pretty exciting experience, following the action, catching some of it on the live feed. A combination of viscerally and mentally stimulating moments in a brilliant and atmospheric performance space. Somehow feel I now want to see something called 'Hangar 858' too. Though its nothing to do with the play in question, was eerily 'sci-fi' to see audience sometimes silhouetted as we walked around, with red and blue lights flashing on our headphones (which were totally crucial to the experience, keeping the voices of the performers with us, wherever we happened to be in relation to the action). Recommend it highly, for taking Shakespeare off the traditional stage setting, and into its own all enveloping dimension, aided and abetted brilliantly by the way the hangar setting created closeness too, and sometimes distance from, the action of each moment. 

Comment by Rachel-Helena Walsh on August 7, 2012 at 22:24

This production was nothing short of EPIC.Well done to every single person involved!x

Comment by Jen Thornton on August 7, 2012 at 2:08

Here's a handy picture of the signs you need to look out for on your way to the hangar:

Members (85)

image block identification

© 2024   Created by National Theatre Wales.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service