I also posted this in the Peoples Think Tank - apologies if I'm coming on too strong!!

Hello to all. I've just joined. This is my first post. I hope it stirs some interest......

looking forward to some creative discussion....

Gerry Gold

This is your invitation to join the planning group for the first Assembly for Democracy in Swansea.

There are a host of organisations and thousands of people actively demanding and working for democratic change in the UK. Many are inspired by movements for democracy globally.

Among them are OpenDemocracy, the Democratic Reform Party and Occupy Democracy. Many people argue that grassroots democracy is the answer to some of the big issues of our time.

According to the National Theatre of Wales Big Democracy Project

“It could be argued that our political system is at breaking point. Some say politicians act in the interest of corporations and not of the people. Throughout the world, there seems to be an air of discontentment.”

The Assemblies for Democracy aim to share ideas, views and information and explore how these individual voices can become a movement for real democracy.

Working together we can begin to create a real democracy, where people themselves decide what’s best for their communities, towns, cities and workplaces.

We hope that Assemblies for Democracy will take off in every community, town and city and, inspired by historic struggles, begin to challenge the present undemocratic system.

We’re learning as we go and can already benefit from the experiences of others. Interviews with the organisers of Assemblies in London, Manchester and Glasgow are here

In Swansea, for the first time, we’ll be using VocalEyes, a made-in-Wales, digital democracy tool designed to collect ideas and convert them into action.

We think it’s time to take responsibility for ourselves through direct democracy and action. We need to clearly express our collective needs. 

So if you agree with us that it’s time to remodel democracy, let us know if you would be willing to join us in initiating the Assembly for Democracy in Swansea.

Interested?

reply to this, or

email directly to a4d@vocaleyes.org

Join in the Swansea Assembly for Democracy here: vocaleyes.org/assemblies-for-democracy-swansea

Views: 93

image block identification

© 2024   Created by National Theatre Wales.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service