I would really like to work with a group of women to develop a script for an idea I have. There is no money (apologies) but I promise Chocolate Gateaux and anything else edible or that you're able to drink. I would like to do an impro day working around the themes of my next play. If you have read the book 'Like Water for Chocolate' that could help but if you haven't don't worry. I think at least 5/6 actresses would be great - location for a rehearsal day would possibly be either a home central to everyone as access to a kitchen would be great, if not Chapter or Bridgend College. I would like to hold the day as soon as possible (according to everyone's availabilty) as I need inspiration to start writing.

The roles are for women over 30 but don't worry about age as this is a development stage.

Message me on here to let me know of your interest.

Best Wishes, Look Forward to hearing from you,

Carmen

Views: 374

Add a Comment

You need to be a member of National Theatre Wales Community to add comments!

Join National Theatre Wales Community

Comment by carmen medway-stephens on March 10, 2012 at 21:24

Hi All, will try and send out messages individually. I have been able to secure the Theatre at Bridgend College this Friday from 10 am - 3pm if you can come along for the whole or part of the day let me know, it would be great to have your input, Thanks, Carmen

Comment by Serena Lewis on March 3, 2012 at 0:58
Hi Carmen, tried to send a message but don't think it would send. I teach Mondays but any Friday would be fine for me other than 6th/14th April.
Cheers.
Comment by carmen medway-stephens on March 2, 2012 at 23:26

HI All, hope you get this, I am looking to do a day either a friday or a monday in the next two weeks, if you could message me and let me know what day/date in the next two weeks are best for you I can go with the consensus then :) Thanks xx

Comment by carmen medway-stephens on February 23, 2012 at 0:42

Hi Serena, Ha I know the wedding scene is hilarious and revolting at the same time, also for those interested we are looking for actors to help our new writers again on March the 27th at Bridgend College, email me if you're interested, Thank you Carmen

Comment by Serena Lewis on February 21, 2012 at 0:12
Have just finished the book. I loved the way that emotions were so linked to the food that was cooked, definitely think the mood you are in changes how the food tastes, though my dinners haven't caused the effects on the book, thank god!
Comment by carmen medway-stephens on February 20, 2012 at 7:01

Hello all, back to work this week so will be able to look at a date for the diary and be in touch soon :)

Comment by Polly on February 17, 2012 at 11:39

Just ordered a copy of this book,  found a seller on ebay selling them for 99p + p&p.  Looks like an interesting story :)

Comment by Amanda Leyshon Weeks on February 15, 2012 at 8:40

Hi Carmen

do you still want me? xxxx

PS Bob says "hi"

Comment by carmen medway-stephens on February 6, 2012 at 7:59

Thanks Nicola, am sorting out a date and room and will be in touch

Comment by carmen medway-stephens on February 4, 2012 at 8:44

Hi Ellen, How are you? Simply its about a Mexican girl condemmed to be at her mothers side until she dies and thus not allowed to marry the love of her life. The events follow how she is brought up in the kitchen, this becomes her domain and everything she feels comes through her cooking, so all who eat it feel it too e.g. anger, love, tears... but its about so much more, with lots of magic and beautiful moments x

image block identification

© 2024   Created by National Theatre Wales.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service