Word 4 Word at Wrecsam’s Refugee fundraiser event

I love living in Wrecsam. It can be a crazy old town at times but after a period of stagnation where only a few bands kept the scene alive, The Arts are most definitely flourishing here with music, art, poetry and language threading together to produce new and interesting collaborations and projects.

We don’t have a huge refugee or asylum population in Wrecsam, but there is still a concerted effort to support refugees in Europe with the Wrecsam to Calais Solidarity Campaign continuing to generate generous amounts of support throughout the community and now a family fundraising event will be held in Wrecsam at Galeri 3b on Saturday 14th November from 11am to 11pm. I know that support offered to organiser David Salisbury was swift and generous.

As part of this, National Theatre Wales TEAM is curating a Word 4 Word stage from 6pm - 8pm. With poets from Wrecsam’s Voicebox as well as Young People’s Laureate for Wales, Martin Daws on the line-up you’re guaranteed a great show. We still have some open floor slots available so if you’re up for sharing your work on any theme, but one suited to the event would be best, email Sophie: sophiemckeand@nationaltheatrewales.org to book your slot.

Thanks for reading this and I hope to see you all there!

Views: 153

Add a Comment

You need to be a member of National Theatre Wales Community to add comments!

Join National Theatre Wales Community

image block identification

© 2024   Created by National Theatre Wales.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service