Alors!

So! 

Swarm is fast approaching and it's been a manic few weeks, with that a great learning curve for me as Emerging Director with Fio!

Between facilitating Youth workshops at both Wales Millennium Centre and Forsythia Youth project(in Merthyr), and contacting schools to deliver fun Fio taster workshops(takes a breath), I've had a hectic time meeting numerous amounts of people in aim of getting a large community cast involved in Swarm (the more the merrier and all that!)

However next week rehearsals will officially be underway! which I'm really excited about, mainly because I will see the Swarm Actors and Community Cast merge together to create one big unconventional site-specific experience for an audience!

But anyway I've stressed, I've achieved, I've laughed and I've created! I've also seen the evolution of the Swarm production team,  we now have great artists, producers, directors, stage manager, sound and designer team which is really helping make our refugee themed project something Powerful that can hopefully challenge views and make our world a better place! 

The best part of the process so far has been seeing the young people's response when engaging with theatre, proving theatre really does impact lives! I've also enjoyed working alongside Abdul(and the rest of the team) learning about the name Fio which means to Belong, Create and Grow I feel this process has helped me do just that ;-)  

Natasha

Xo

P.S If you are in and around Wales I urge you to come and be a part of the Swarm experience on the 21st of April in Merthyr Tydfil!

Likewise if you are around Cardiff we have Youth Workshops every Saturday!

@Wales Millennium Centre (Cardiff Bay)

Time: 10:15am-12pm:

For ages 7-11

and

Time: 2pm-4pm:

For ages 12+.

Views: 201

Add a Comment

You need to be a member of National Theatre Wales Community to add comments!

Join National Theatre Wales Community

image block identification

© 2024   Created by National Theatre Wales.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service