Dear Everyone,

I am in process of creating a Welsh language course for English speakers that will be in the form of an audio book/magazine. I am creating the initial taster edition which I hope can then be turned into a series.

It has been difficult finding voice actors fluent in Welsh and I am hoping I have just been looking in the wrong place.

I am seeking a narrative audio book style and ideally a male 18-30 voice for the content style of the production. The ideal resource would not only be able to perform the part but would have the facility to record and edit the material themselves to a provided script, although this is not essential.

Having fluent and natural Welsh ideally as a first langauge is essential.

Regards,

Iain

Views: 238

Replies to This Discussion

"The ideal resource"? You mean the actor? rofl
Sorry for any offence caused with my corporate HR speak. I have a talent for making people laugh, unfortunately it is usualy at me. ;)
Hi Iain,

I'm a bilingual actor who has a lot of experience in voice over work. I can be found on my voice over agents website www.excellentvoice.co.uk. The only problem I have is that I personally can't record nor edit my own work for I don't have the facilities to do so. If you are interested please don't hesitate to contact me, but not to worry if i'm not.

Owain Rhys Davies
Hello Iain,

Same as Owain I have lots of experience on Welsh Language Voiceovers but don't have recording facilities, though i do have a mic hooked up to the pc and did my voice-reel that way, have a listen and let me know if you're interested.

Cheers,

Glyn
Will you not consider a Female voice?

I have voiced many tv commercials, and have lots of experience in voice over work.

I can also record and edit the material myself.

www.angharadlee.com
The track will be in a narrative style so a female voice could work. Thank you for the link.
Hi Iain,

I am also a Bilingual Voiceover Artist. I have experience on Games Faction Ltd's critically acclaimed game 'Project Aftermath' You can hear my voicereel at my website which is www.edwardllewelyn.co.uk. I also don't have the facility to record properly for you, however I am willing to travel to do it. Just wondering as well is this project paid?

Thanks for considering me.

Edward Llewelyn

Dear Ian,

I am a fluent Welsh speaker, I have had experience with making a language course CD in English before. I am currently working on another language CD for an Estonian based company Studium, who create books for Estonian high schools.

I am currently living here but will be returning on the 19th of April if that is of any use to you.

Many thanks

Owain Roach

RSS

image block identification

© 2024   Created by National Theatre Wales.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service