Time: October 11, 2014 at 9am to October 14, 2014 at 11pm
Location: Wales Millennium Centre
Street: Bute Pl, Cardiff Bay CF10 5AL
Website or Map: https://www.wmc.org.uk/Produc…
Phone: 029 2063 6464
Event Type: film, festival
Organized By: Its My Shout
Latest Activity: Oct 3, 2014
SATURDAY OCTOBER 11th
***St David’s Hotel, Cardiff Bay***
- “From It’s My Shout to Star Wars” In Conversation with Danny Clark (Set Designer - Star Wars, Tarzan, Jack Ryan)
- Cinematography Workshop with Rory Taylor (Director of Photography – Dr Who, Torchwood, Human Traffic)
- “Get the Part!” Audition Technique with Roger Burnell (Managing Director at It’s My Sh...out, Talent Consultant at BBC)
- In Conversation with Phil John (Director on Downtown Abbey, Murphy’s Law, Being Human)
- Net.Work: Next Steps for new and emerging film-making talent with BFI, Hannah Thomas & Tracey Spottiswood
- Writers Forum (guests tbc)
- It’s My Shout Community Films Showing throughout the day
- “Faces in Places” Photography Exhibition by Mei Lewis and Made in Wales Stills Photography trainees.
***Gorilla & Bait Studio, Cardiff***
- Bait Studio presents: Visual Effect Workshop
- Gorilla presents: Editing videos / Post-production workshop
SUNDAY OCTOBER 12th / DYDD SUL HYDREF 12
*** Wales Millennium Centre, Cardiff Bay ***
- Design lecture by Matt Savage, followed by Q&A session (Concept artist on Star Wars, X-Men: First Class, The Dark Knight, Kick-Ass, Les Miserables ; Director on It’s My Shout’s ‘Reign of Death’)
- Composition techniques for film with John Rea (BAFTA Award Winning Composer – Six Nations, Wildlife on One, Dr Who’s Greatest Moments)
- Comedy Writing Workshop with Boyd Clack and Kirsten Jones (High Hopes, Satellite City)
- Documentary Pitching Session with Elis Owen (Former Head of ITV Wales & Former Executive Commissioner for BBC Cymru Wales) and Christina Macaulay (Current Executive Commissioner for BBC Cymru Wales)
- Hair & Make up workshop (Guest TBC)
- Costume workshop (Guest TBC)
- Discussion Panel “The Future of the Arts in Wales” with a number of industry professionals.
Dylan Thomas Touring Writing Shed, as part of DT100 celebrations – Featuring spoken word poets including: Rufus Mufasa, Ffion Wyn, Clare Potter, Anthony Bunko; and Megaverse presents: Will Ford, Emma Syrup, Fritz O’Skennick, Peter John, Christina Thatcher, Bridget Leggy Tanner, Neil Davies, Mark Montinaro, Dave Daggers, Bel Blue, Fran Smith, Julie Croad, Bernard Pearson, Sophie Chei, Francesca Murphy, Vincent Garth, Brooks Thomas, Steven Kenward, Johnny Giles, Julie Pritchard, Claire Daisy, Ron Savory, Mark Blayney, Jill Berrett, Ian Cross, Zaru, Ellen Duncan, Lee Prosser, Leon Lazarus, Gordon Anderson, Becca Kellaway, Marilyn Kemeny, Ceri DeStefano, Frank Thomas and Simon L Read.
Performances from Busking Musicians around the WMC, Shiuly First (Riverside Bangladeshi Dance Group); India Dance Wales, Fantasy Feet, Coleg Menai, Bridgend Youth Theatre, Ysgol Gyfun y Cymer Choir, Ashar “Dread” Lloyd (Reggae DJ), Big Scott, Saturday Academy (Opera), Contemporary Dance Troupe, Ukelele Knights AND MORE!
Graffiti Photography Wall instillation by Sebastian Mardones (Chile); Film Prop & Set Design Exhibition by Atrium Students (USW);”Faces in Places” Exhibition by Mei Lewis and Made in Wales Photography Trainees.
IT’S MY SHOUT’S ANNUAL SHOWCASE PREMIERE AND AWARDS CEREMONY, SHOWING THIS YEAR’S MADE IN WALES FILMS ON THE BIG SCREEN!
Come along and see the films you’ve been working on, or appeared in or get inspired for next summer’s series which you could be involved in – bring along your friends and family for this red carpet, black tie, televised event!
Add a Comment