Time: July 8, 2014 at 10am to July 16, 2014 at 5pm
Location: Theatre Versus Oppression, Bute Town History and Arts Centre,
Street: Bute Street,
City/Town: Cardiff Bay, CF10 5AG
Website or Map: http://www.theatreversusoppre…
Phone: 077946 398006 / 07751 743799
Event Type: workshops
Organized By: Theatre Versus Oppression
Latest Activity: Mar 17, 2014
International author and lecturer JS Hartley will be delivering Theatre Versus Oppression workshops this Summer with a focus on understanding and interpreting body language and managing conflict. The workshops are ideal for those wanting to learn techniques and knowledge on body language, managing conflict situations and performance techniques.
Over two weeks Theatre Versus Oppression will be running four workshops, suitable for those in the arts but also other industries who want to manage conflict and difficult situations as well as learning about body language as well.
Stage 1 of How to read body language
Tuesday 8 & Wednesday 9 July (2 day course)
10am to 5pm
Stage 2 of How to read body language
Tuesday 15 & Wednesday 16 July
10am - 5pm
(Stage 2 is further development and ideally you should have done Stage 1 before progressing to Stage 2. In Stage 2 we look at aspects such as body language for interview purposes/ for self- confidence etc)
How to read body language
Body Language - technically known as kinesics is a significant aspect of modern communications and relationships. Learn how to read body language signs and gestures - non-verbal communications - for work, social, and all kinds of relationships. Easy and fun, this course teaches the student how to read our non verbal body language. Learn to read the unconscious cues that we all send and receive. Whether we believe it or not, we are saying so much more about ourselves than we realise.
Body Language is therefore relevant to management and leadership, to acting and communicating and to all aspects of work and business where communications can be seen and physically observed among people.
· use body language to increase your personal impact
· increase your presence and strengthen your command over your listeners
· learn how to use body language to build rapport with others
· learn how to read and interpret other people’s signals
· learn how to apply body language to help control tension and conflict
· your own body language reveals your feelings and meanings to others
· other people's body language reveals their feelings and meanings to you.
Fees and Discounts:
· There is an individual fee for each course.
· If you are a student or unemployed there if a 50% discount fee.
· Book by 1 March and get £25 off
· Only pay 50% to book your place on the course and pay the rest nearer the time.
· If you book more than 2 courses this July we will give you a free place on another course! (Fee paying course members only)
For further information about the courses and Theatre Versus Oppression please visit www.theatreversusoppression.com. Spaces are limited and advanced booking is required. No previous training is required.
If you would like to make a booking or discuss the courses further please email@example.com /
(44) 077946 398006 / (44) 07751 743799
Add a Comment