Time: June 23, 2012 to June 30, 2012
Location: South Woodford
Street: Churchfields E18 2RB
Website or Map: http://www.redbridgedramacent…
Phone: 0208 5045451
Event Type: youth, theatre, festival
Organized By: Jonny Siddall
Latest Activity: Mar 15, 2012
As part of Its 2012 CULTURAL OLYMPIAD Redbridge Drama Centre wishes to invite applications from around the UK. It is our intention that three Youth Theatre companies from WALES, SCOTLAND and NORTHERN IRELAND will be chosen to join our own Redbridge Youth Theatre Workshop for a week long festival of workshops and performances at Redbridge Drama Centre.
The festival will:
celebrate the riches of youth theatre from across the UK through A FESTIVAL hosted in Redbridge, organised by the young people of Redbridge and Redbridge Drama Centre
celebrate the Olympics in London 2012 in the same spirit as TEAM GB & NI.
Feature a programme of workshops led by DIRECTORS and other THEATRE PRACTITIONERS.
Be part of the Cultural Olympiad 2012 and unite young people from different areas of the UK to create and watch theatre.
Involve a visit to cultural Olympiad events.
Be free to participants inclusive of meals and accommodation but exc. Travel to Redbridge Drama Centre.
Redbridge is a north-east London borough and Redbridge Drama Centre is approximately 12 miles from the centre of London.
1. To arrive - Saturday 24th June 2012 To depart - Saturday 31st June 2012
2. Youth Theatre companies or school groups - 14–21 years
3. 10 people in total per company including group leaders
4. Performance. Each participating company will prepare a complete theatrical production, not longer than 60 minutes and not less than 30 minutes duration. Each production will be presented twice and will be followed by a discussion led by the performing company.
5. Workshop. Each company will prepare a 1/2 day workshop which will inform their performance. The workshops will be led by the director and some or all members of the company and be attended by the members of the other FESTIVAL companies.
6. participants will create their own devised pieces in new groups over the week.
7. Redbridge Drama Centre is a compact building with 5 studio spaces. All performances will be in The Lovegrove Theatre – a small (100 seats) studio theatre.
7. Accommodation will be provided – twin rooms in a local hotel– bed and breakfast. All other meals will be provided at Redbridge Drama Centre
8. Free time. The festival programme will contain a free day for participants to explore London and we will endeavour to organise an attendance to PRE-PAID CULTURAL OLYMPIAD EVENTS
9. Expenses. Traveling expenses to and from The Drama Centre will be the responsibility of the participating groups.
a. a letter of application including a description of the company, its history and its activity, contact names, numbers and e-mail.
b. a synopsis of the play OR PROPOSED PLAY and details of ANY KNOWN technical and staging requirements
c. 5 - 10 different action photographs (colour and/or black and white, also digital accepted) of the show
d. a DVD of the show or an example of other work
TO: Keith Homer
Add a Comment