Hello! If you're new to this social network site, please introduce yourself to our community.

Who are you? Why are you here? What do you do? How are you already involved in theatre - as a fan/participant/performer/artist? What do you want from National Theatre Wales? How do you want to become more involved with us and what we do?

PLEASE - Be honest and don't feel that you have to impress anyone.

As for me, I'm Catherine and I'm a Creative Associate with National Theatre Wales. I am Cardiff born and Cardiff bred... and very proud of it. I am a theatre director and have directed plays and lead projects with professional performers, new writers and young artists in lots of exciting places.

I want National Theatre Wales to put Welsh talent in Welsh productions on an international stage, speaking with and for Welsh artists and Welsh audiences. This social network will be the first place for this to happen as it is a space where National Theatre Wales can have an open dialogue with its core members - you, our community.

I hope you will use this social network to influence our work, to tell us how you want to get involved, what work we should be making, where you want us to go, where we are doing well and where we can do better.

Together we can build a community of people who talk to each other to make National Theatre Wales the best it can be - a truly National Theatre owned by the community it works with and for.

Views: 1676

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Is Roger Garrick on the Community? I can't find him! I want to say hello. Roger....? Roger...?! x
Hello!

I'm Rebecca and was born and bred in Newport. I completed a BA Hons degree in Performing Arts at the University of Wales there in 2008 and have also just graduated from the Arts Educatucational Schools London with an MA in Acting. As a Welsh actress now living in London but with my family home still in Newport, I try and come back to my roots as much as possible. As well as acting I am a trained singer and guitarist so do attempt to write my own music too. I am so keen to be part of Welsh based drama and theatre and wish I had found this site sooner! Really excited for what is to come with National Theatre Wales and would love to be involved!

Rebecca
(www.rebeccatravers.co.uk)
Heya Catherine,
My name's Amy, I work for ALRA, a Drama School in South London, with a hefty Welsh contingent! Really keen to hear more about National Theatre Wales- just been reading in the Equity Review about your plans and ideas- really sound principles and exciting ideas.
Best of luck over the next few months!
Amy.
hey ,
i'm stuart,in final yr per.arts in swansea.originally from scotland,been involved with lots of folks with learning difficulties involving drama and seen how positive this has been,i have been involved with some puppetry and folklore and story telling and would like to combine all these traits within the rich culture here in wales,keeping accessable for all. also starting a group up in swansea uni on a wed night 7-9,for anyone with a passion to play and try a variety of acting techniques or keen to share any ideas,07528004863. and keen to be involved with the community and share interesting projects. playfortoday
Hi there! My name is Manda and I am about to graduate from RWCMD where I have been studying Stage Management. Really looking forward to this coming year of exciting work put on by NTW and hope to be a part of it whether its being an audience member or working within the productions themselves!
Hi. I'm Deb - I live in Croespenmaen (near Blackwood). Before this, I lived in the West Midlands, Torquay/ Paignton (Devon), Plymouth, Swindon, Reading and then Caerphilly. Phew!I'm tired just thinking about it. I love living in Wales and enjoy the different cultural aspects as well as the friendliness of the people - my friends here joke that I can be honorary welsh(LOL) though I recently discovered that my dad originally came from the mumbles over in Swansea direction- small world eh? Over the years I have done various jobs including: web development, events organisation,materials controller, recruitment, waitressing, bar work, chief pizza maker - you name it, I've probably done it lol. I am currently a SAHM and by default retired (well hopefully! :) )I am involved in amateur dramatics/ music in a very small way locally, but I really enjoy it and am hoping to pursue it further. It's great to be able to have the opportunity to see innovative and challenging productions locally and furthermore , for them to be available to the general public. I really believe accessibility and inclusion are major considerations and it's fab to see "integrative" projects like these. Phenomenal :) x
Ooh, it feels like an 'intervention'. My name is Alison and I am a writer.

I was born and raised in Newcastle and am currently back in the region. I have written predominantly for the stage, with productions in Edinburgh, Nottingham, London, Newcastle, Yorkshire and (shortly - at the time of writing) Prague.

When I'm not writing I like watching Cagney & Lacey, eating, gossiping, reading, talking about Cagney & Lacey and worrying (not necessarily in that order)
Hello all! I'm a 49 year-old Welsh writer (female) currently living in Spain but born and educated up to tertiary level in Wales. Would love to move back and get involved. Have been a commercial writer for over 20 years (cutting my teeth on Johannesburg's Weekly Mail & Guardian as an Arts columnist and contributor). Also enjoyed a stint on Wales Review/Trem Ar Gymru back in 1996 with the lovely Paul Barrett! Currently working on the sale of my crime thriller, White Rabbit, which is set wholly in Wales. Am thrilled to see that Wales now has its own National Theatre and wish that I could have been at Blackwood Miners' Institute last night. Pob lwc to everyone and I hope that you are a BIG success!
P.S. Sorrry folks - forgot to mention that I did my early work experience in the theatre at the FABULOUS TOrch Theatre, Milford Haven, before spending two years at Mountview, graduating in 1982 with a Diploma in Stage Management and Technical Theatre. Multi-talented I am!

P.S. I can also rub my stomach while patting my head at the same time!
Hi, I'm Tim. I'd like to voltunteer my support to productions and events that will benifit the community. I don't have any acting skills unfortunately, but I am a qualified electrician, have skills in construction & decorating and will be pleased to offer any back-satge / set building or general goffa support required. If I can help in anyway just get in touch... phillips_t_m@yahoo.co.uk
Rob Kenyon. Born Felinfoel. Manager Flamenco Express. Based in London.

Looking for co-operation and partnerships for an ambitious group project in industrial and community venues, and for one small scale tour to celebrate the International Brigades.
See NTW blog and Flamenco Express website.
Project Description.
http://flamencoexpress.org/2010/03/03/iron-in-the-soul-2/
www.flamencoexpress.org
That sounds great, Rob! Have you thought of maybe taking it to Spain at some point? I live in Estepona, between Marbella and Gibraltar, at the moment. Born in Wales, trained at Mountview.

RSS

image block identification

© 2024   Created by National Theatre Wales.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service