Hello! If you're new to this social network site, please introduce yourself to our community.

Who are you? Why are you here? What do you do? How are you already involved in theatre - as a fan/participant/performer/artist? What do you want from National Theatre Wales? How do you want to become more involved with us and what we do?

PLEASE - Be honest and don't feel that you have to impress anyone.

As for me, I'm Catherine and I'm a Creative Associate with National Theatre Wales. I am Cardiff born and Cardiff bred... and very proud of it. I am a theatre director and have directed plays and lead projects with professional performers, new writers and young artists in lots of exciting places.

I want National Theatre Wales to put Welsh talent in Welsh productions on an international stage, speaking with and for Welsh artists and Welsh audiences. This social network will be the first place for this to happen as it is a space where National Theatre Wales can have an open dialogue with its core members - you, our community.

I hope you will use this social network to influence our work, to tell us how you want to get involved, what work we should be making, where you want us to go, where we are doing well and where we can do better.

Together we can build a community of people who talk to each other to make National Theatre Wales the best it can be - a truly National Theatre owned by the community it works with and for.

Views: 1676

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

We want to get as far as Ammanford first.
The idea would be to split the nights between our hard flamenco 'puro' and local artists, which would help secure an audience.
The Guitarists would write 'Esta máquina mata fascistas' on their guitars like Woodie Guthrie. And I would try to come up with a translation of 'Little Collier' into Spanglish.
Four or five nights in the valleys - not so called 'Cardiff' and 'Swansea' with their fancy big city ways and rental-only venues - until we've created a community hit show they can't refuse.
On the other project. Know of any empty foundries with public liability insurance and adequate disabled access?
This is such a great project! I would love to get you some publicity in the rags out here - the Spanish would ADORE it! After a long period of silence they are beginning to talk about the Civil War again.

Please let me know how you get on - I would help you with venues if I could, but stuck out near Gib...

Anyway, I can promise that I would work very hard to publicise the event in the Costa del Crime press, which might get you out here eventually.

If you want to contact me direct I hang out at kjelsdon@gmail.com and am on Facebook and Twitter (as paellataffy - for obvious reasons!)

Hwyl!
Hi everyone, just introducing ourselves. Stuart and I run a boutique B&B in Cardiff, we have varying types of rooms and a separate annexe apartment where we can offer room only rates for performers on a budget. Get in touch if visiting the city and need som accommodation, plese do let us know you have seen our details on here so we can offer the performers discount packages.
Paul
Hello, it seems to have taken me a ridiculous amount of time to discover the 'introduce yourself' section. But better late than never...
My name's Ben Pinnow. I'm a freelance pianist, composer and conductor based in Cardiff originally from Dorset.
I do a fair bit of work with WNO MAX, BBC NCW and am musical director of Opera Mint, The Gate Community Chorus, the newly formed Serenata and Dodecantus UK based in Wiltshire.
I have experience working in musical theatre as well as opera and classical stuff and have been MD for several productions.
I'm also attempting to follow my other interest in film-making. I've got a couple of short projects under my belt and I'm currently trying to write my next one. I've posted my first humble attempt on my profile...
Hello Everyone! It's Nerys here...I am a Director, Film Maker, Photographer and Imagineer!
I love Wales and the Arts.....
Looking for adventure and like minded people to create inspiring projects on the stage and on Camera!
I'm looking to return to where all the passion started.... the theatre, I'd love to get involved in anything and everything! I'm here for the new Adventure!
I think this Community is fantastic, and the NTW is going to be up there with the best.....
Exciting times ahead....

Ner
Hello

Guess I'm a bit of an oddball here as my degree was in Psychology...

Previous to that I did do GCSE in Expressive Arts and A Level Performance studies. I also was a Stagecoach student (twice in fact). I did school performances that ranged from Shakespeare to Candide and Carmen! (yes my school did do operetta!) So I guess me being interested in theatre is not entirely out of the blue....

During my degree I became heavily involved with a drama society. And I mean heavily..I was production manager for two years and secretary for one and during this time was stage manager, producer or director in over a dozen plays. I am currently involved in 2-3 productions preparing for performance and we are taking a play to the Edinburgh Fringe this year.

Having done all this I decided that I'd actually rather be involved in backstage theatre work than psychology. I'm just looking for opportunities to get involved - particularly stage managing, producing or props/set departments.
Just how many jokes have you heard about how useful your degree will be in the theatre?
hello,
something about myself ... I am highly interested in theatre although i have never done anything professionally i have been a member of my local youth theatre for about 5 years which has given me a wide range of experiences such as having the chance to work with professionals of different diversities, recently for example we have had the chance to work with NTW in their workshops for A Good Night Out in the Valleys where we saw it develop from an idea to the finished project. I am now looking to get more involved with theatre in any way possible! I am currently waiting to go into uni in september to study a drama degree at glamorgan university in cardiff and can't wait!

Beth
Hi Beth, good luck with starting your cardiff studies this month! Hope you enjoy it and thanks for adding to this discussion! Cx
Hello all of you people, I'm Jimmy, been working as an actor since graduating in 2006 in theatre and as a writer for performance. I mostly write dark comedies, probably because I used to write bleak, poetic, sodden stuff all the time, thought gaunt was terrifically a la mode and listened to Sade a bit too much. Turns out I actually quite like invention, total fiction, exploring what goes on between the audience and performers, trying to make it funny and a bit odd.
I'm Welsh, and I'm proud of Wales' literary and theatrical legacy- and present. I currently live in South West England.
I'm excited that NTW is making new work with Welsh artists for the Welsh and international populace- even if I don't get to work with NTW that can't be a bad thing. Look at Black Watch for gawd's sake. Or Realism by Anthony Neilson. Cor it's going to be good stuff...
Hello,

My name is Laura, and I have just recently joined the community.
I recently moved to Cardiff after living most of my life in North Essex. I am a costume maker and wardrobe assistant/mistress, and I used to work in the Westend.
Currently I am workimg freelance as well well as casual dresser.

I had heard of the National Theatre Wales and wanted to become involved, so I decided to join.
I got my degree at Rose Bruford, a theatre school in Kent. Work wise I have done quite a few musicals, but I have also done plays, dramas, performance - both dance and interactive, and am very open to taking part in any other type of genre.

I am very much looking forward to meeting people and joining in.

Laura
Hi laura, hope you've enjoyed settling into Cardiff and thanks for telling us more about yourself! Cx

RSS

image block identification

© 2024   Created by National Theatre Wales.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service