Hello! If you're new to this social network site, please introduce yourself to our community.

Who are you? Why are you here? What do you do? How are you already involved in theatre - as a fan/participant/performer/artist? What do you want from National Theatre Wales? How do you want to become more involved with us and what we do?

PLEASE - Be honest and don't feel that you have to impress anyone.

As for me, I'm Catherine and I'm a Creative Associate with National Theatre Wales. I am Cardiff born and Cardiff bred... and very proud of it. I am a theatre director and have directed plays and lead projects with professional performers, new writers and young artists in lots of exciting places.

I want National Theatre Wales to put Welsh talent in Welsh productions on an international stage, speaking with and for Welsh artists and Welsh audiences. This social network will be the first place for this to happen as it is a space where National Theatre Wales can have an open dialogue with its core members - you, our community.

I hope you will use this social network to influence our work, to tell us how you want to get involved, what work we should be making, where you want us to go, where we are doing well and where we can do better.

Together we can build a community of people who talk to each other to make National Theatre Wales the best it can be - a truly National Theatre owned by the community it works with and for.

Views: 1676

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Ah!
I clearly didn't check this thread soon enough!
So sorry to have missed out on that. If there are any other events coming up do let me know- I would love to meet more people and get my face out there, as it were!

Thanks Charlie and no worries! There's always loads going on! Join our group called TEAM Newport to have a look at what's going on by you and always keep one eye on this community - it's where we post all our info and opportunities for how to get involved! x

Ok, brilliant- I will do that right away!! Thanks!

I am Lee Marable, a third year architecture student at Cardiff University, with an interest in National Theatre Wales :)
Hi Lee, thanks for adding to the Introduce Yourself blog :) Lovely to hear what you do in your day-to-day life! Hopefully you'll enjoy this community, please do add comments, blogs and other thoughts about theatre, wales, architecture, life in Cardiff... anything really! x
Hi, I'm Emily Wilden, I have recently graduated this year from the Italia Conti Academy of Theatre arts and I'm currently living and working in London. I am originally from Ammanford in Carmarthenshire, South Wales, so moving to a city like London was quite a big change! As a Welsh actress I am very interested in new upcoming Welsh theatre and how the National Theatre Wales is trying to shape the community.

Emily

Hi Emily, thanks for telling us more about yourself and congratulations on graduating this year! Good luck in living / working in London and keep in touch! Hopefully this community will help you feel closer to home and Welsh theatre x

Hi, I'm Claire and I'm an actor based in North Wales. I grew up here, buggered off to train and then returned to find that the things that I didn't much like whilst a stroppy teenager (the beautiful scenery and lack of hustle and bustle...i.e. medicine for the soul!) I now love and show off about a bit.
As an actor I'm hoping to use the National Theatre of Wales as a way to keep me informed as to what is going on in the acting world of Wales.
As a newly formed theatre company (The Shed Theatr Co.) I am keen to use the forum as a way of seeking advice and finding artists to work with and also hope that maybe our comany will be able to produce something with the support of NTW in the future.

Hi Claire thanks for telling us about your dreams and ambitions for yourself and your company - it's inspiring to hear. Where in North Wales are you based? Our current show is in Penygroes and might be interesting for you to see in relation to your "medicine for the soul"...be great to know what you think! Stay in touch about how your company develops and good luck x

Hi Catherine,

I'm based in Hendre which is just outside Mold. Will check out where Penygroes is in relation to me and see if I can make it to a show.....sounds good!

The Theatre co is still in the early stages but we have a successful pilot under our belts (Cob and the Mystery of the Orb) and we are currently showing 'The Selfish Princess', an outdoor piece of theatre at Loggerheads Country Park....yes we were mental writing an outdoor piece to be performed in december!

Biggest headache at the moment is getting a decent website up and running with very little cash!

Will keep you posted! x

Hi there I'm Dylan,
I was in the first year of students to graduate from LIPA back in 98 and then went to work a lot in acting in the Cardiff area. Then, for reasons I'm still not sure of, moved to Yorkshire to work in corporate/TIE theatre for 5 years. Then decided to travel the world so got a job on a cruise ship and have been singing and dancing on ships for the last 4 years. I came on here to try and re-establish some of my contacts from the Welsh theatre community, but also just to find out what's going on, what people are up to and to get inspired!

Hi Dylan - that sounds like a real journey, great that you can use this community to reconnect and hopefully make new connections within theatre in Wales. Hope it is useful and inspirational! x 

RSS

image block identification

© 2024   Created by National Theatre Wales.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service