Hello! If you're new to this social network site, please introduce yourself to our community.

Who are you? Why are you here? What do you do? How are you already involved in theatre - as a fan/participant/performer/artist? What do you want from National Theatre Wales? How do you want to become more involved with us and what we do?

PLEASE - Be honest and don't feel that you have to impress anyone.

As for me, I'm Catherine and I'm a Creative Associate with National Theatre Wales. I am Cardiff born and Cardiff bred... and very proud of it. I am a theatre director and have directed plays and lead projects with professional performers, new writers and young artists in lots of exciting places.

I want National Theatre Wales to put Welsh talent in Welsh productions on an international stage, speaking with and for Welsh artists and Welsh audiences. This social network will be the first place for this to happen as it is a space where National Theatre Wales can have an open dialogue with its core members - you, our community.

I hope you will use this social network to influence our work, to tell us how you want to get involved, what work we should be making, where you want us to go, where we are doing well and where we can do better.

Together we can build a community of people who talk to each other to make National Theatre Wales the best it can be - a truly National Theatre owned by the community it works with and for.

Views: 1676

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hi Catherine -

My background is in contemporary theatre, and I have a fascination for exploring the cutting edge. As you know, this means I love all sort of new technologies and digital gadgets as well as being really excited by boundary breaking art. Intellectually, I've an interest in scrutinising links between the arts and culture and emerging digital technologies. I now have ten years of experience working in arts and culture, aiming to increase the sector’s capabilities in e-business, IT, digital content creation and digital archiving. I've worked with large national arts organisations such as the Royal Shakespeare Company, Royal Opera House, you guys and Scotland's National Performing Arts Companies, as well as with arts organisations of all sizes and art forms across UK. Environmental sustainability is my latest area of research, interest and work. As NTW is a virtual organisation, will you be aspiring to work sustainably? Look forward to chatting more...
Hannah
Hi Catherine and Hi Hannah, Hello all forum post readers :-)

I've been working with Hannah whose vision for the arts and pro-active engagement with organisations to make stuff happen and change flood welcomingly in is an inspiration.

I too am excited by the technological frontier before us and provide hand on practical workshops, delivering the "Social Media in Action" workshop for Hannah as part of her getambition roadshows currently doing the rounds in the UK arts council england regions.

A digital adventurer and Internet resource explorer for the arts, networks like this are a great way to share findings and exchange tips of how you can make the web work for you.

This is a great looking network. Congrats to the development team, Tom and Carl.
My name's Carl Morris and I'm working with National Theatre Wales as one half of NativeHQ along with Tom Beardshaw.

I'm interested in how people can (and do) use the web. I also like Welsh (the language), the Welsh (people), my blog, too much music, vinyl records and their sleeves, democracy and loads of other things. You could call me a "geek" and get away with it.

Looking to learn what I can about theatre. (I was typecast as the old man in school productions.)
Hello my name's Laura Jeffs, I am just finishing my third and final year as a Drama student at Atrium. I am particularly interested in performing and devising, but also enjoy a bit of writing on the side! I hope to find out about and be involved in creating new and diverse work and am really looking forward to seeing the projects that comes out of NTW!
HEY GUYS! I'm Bridie Smith, Graduate of University of Glamorgan, going in this year to do me PGCE and hopefully next year my Post-Grad Acting. Wish I'd held out and applied for three years in Drama colleges really! Tut tut never mind! So I guess Im first and foremost an actress(well want to be) then a teacher, though I usually teach more than I act! I attended the 1st discussion group in St Davids Hall and was really impressed with what I saw. I'm looking very forward to where this might go! x x
Hi Catherine my old work-colleague. Rhian here. I am the Administrator of National Theatre Wales and it is my job to know where everything is, how it works and what to do if it doesn't. This is not easy at the moment but I am hoping that things will get easier as more and more of the basic infrastructure is put into place e.g. we now have phones and chairs - this really helps the organisation's functionality on a day-to-day basis. This week the best thing has been the new kettle. As you can see my levels of aspiration are set quite low at the moment - I anticipate a steep upward curve any day now.
Hi Catherine. I'm Tim, I'm a writer.

I also run Dirty Protest with three other friends. You can find out more about us at www.dirtyprotesttheatre.co.uk

When I got to customs in New York yesterday, the woman asked me loads of questions, after I got them all right she offered up her hand which I high-fived. She said 'No. I want your fingerprints, put your hand on the finger print machine'.
How embarrassing! But what a brilliant anecdote for you to tell. Thanks for your addition to our wall - keep em coming!
Hello there.
I'm Lewis, just about to embark on a life of Arts Management after graduating from Royal Welsh in Arts Management. Im starting a placement at The Sherman next week in Marketing and Fundraising. Really excited about that and also being involved in National Theatre Wales. Im really looking forward to meeting everyone thursday. Other than that i'm hoping to one day run my own theatre company, or maybe just take over this one....(But don't tell John) :)
Hello everyone! My name is Melody!
I am a keen final year drama student at the AtRium. My course has been a valuable experience for me and has given me the opportunity to study and experiment with many different genres of theatre. I have become a far more versatile theatre-maker as a result, with a particular interest in symbolism, the breaking of the "4th wall", the voice and musical theatre. I have a passion for acting, directing, devising and music. I play clarinet and alto sax and also have achieved a Grade 8 in ABRSM singing.
I'm very excited about being part of NTW and watching this dynamic organisation develop as I believe it will be an important asset to Wales! :)
Hi there! I've recently graduated from a Drama course with a First at University of Glamorgan. Although my priority is acting, I have a major background in theatre and so am looking to expand my skills, whether it writing or directing. I have experience in theatre, TV, corporate and training roleplays, as well as radio presenting. Will be touring with Black Rat Production's Midsummer Night's Dream from 10 June, and present Carry on Friday weekly on GTFM 107.9 - www.youtube.com/carryonfriday for previous shows! (Cheap plug!!)
I think this site is a great idea, looking forward to get to know new people and be a part of new and exciting projects!
Hi! I'm Beth House and I am very excited following last night's event. Firstly, I am an actor and I am looking forward to more work opportunities closer to home. Yay.
Secondly, I am half of Taking Flight Theatre Co (with Elise Davison) and we create accessible, integrated performance work-- site specific, usually (very) promenade and usually outside. I would love Taking Flight to be involved in the "year around Wales" project as I think issues of acessibility and integration are so important and theatre can be used to celebrate geographical areas of Welsh cultural heritage.
Lastly, I am involved with Equity and would love to discuss ways that National Theatre Wales can assist Equity in engaging with its' young/ new members and potential members. Can it??
Phew- I could go on but, thankfully, I won't... suffice to say I'm really buzzing. Thank you NTW!

Beth

RSS

image block identification

© 2024   Created by National Theatre Wales.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service