All Graig Du Theatre Players Pages (108)

Lease of Life - Graig Du Theatre Players

I have included the short story that the stage adaption "Lease of Life" is based upon.This is mentioned in a previous blog. Teresa has trouble sleeping at night. When she awakes in the morning, she… View »

Good Means Going to Heaven - A Rhondda Miscellany. Graig Du Theatre Players

I have included another section from the book. This time it is about the early struggles for union recognition and the infamous riots at Merthyr. South Wales, along with other areas of industrializ… View »

Good Means Going to Heaven - A Rhondda Miscellany. Graig Du Theatre Players

The above photograph shows Cymmer Old Chapel before the removal of the graveyard in preparation for the new by-pass. I have included further stories from my book about the history of the Rhondda. T… View »

The Man in the Moon - Graig Du Theatre Players

The story is being developed for the players' as a puppet / live action show for children. I hope this will be the first of many. I have included the story for those who may be interested in readin… View »

Soldier Pass by - Graig Du Theatre Players

On the eve of a major offensive on the Western Front, three friends from the Rhondda Pals', Lewis, Peter, and Dan are talking. Lewis survived an explosion in which two of his friends were killed. Su… View »

Tied Cottage - Graig Du Theatre Players

The radio dramatization  of "Tied Cottage" differs only slightly to the stage version. Jack Maltravers, the reclusive author of a series of supernatural novels, vanished over fifty years ago at… View »

The Manacled Mutineer - Graig Du Theatre Players

The stage adaption mentioned in an earlier blog is based on my short story of the same title. Ambrose is in his eighties; dying in a Welsh hospital. Appalled by his treatment because he believes he… View »

The Weaver's Spool - Graig Du Theatre Players

The Weaver's Spool is another tale that is inspired by the long forgotten customs of Wales. Jeremiah holds the evil talisman, the weaver's spool, in his hand  as he awaits whatever end is design… View »

The Shining Girl - Graig Du Theatre Players.

This is the script for "The Shining Girl " that will be connected with another radio dramatization that will follow shortly. Running water gushes into the stream as James Barclay, late sixties, the… View »

The Doll - Graig Du Theatre Players

The Lledrith, in Welsh myth, is the spectre of a person seen before death. The spectre never speaks, and vanishes when spoken to. Amelia Lloyd plays near a stream on her father's farm and slips o… View »

RSS

image block identification

© 2024   Created by National Theatre Wales.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service