All Graig Du Theatre Players Pages (108)

Ragamuffin Tales - Graig Du Theatre Players

This is the second chapter in the book "Good Means Going to Heaven." The emphasis this time is on the personal reminiscences of my father about Dinas, Rhondda, in the 1930s. Education, superstitions,… View »

Good Means Going to Heaven - A Rhondda Miscellany. Graig Du Theatre Players

I have been asked if I would post a page on the text from the above mentioned book. The title of the short book is taken from a statement given by David Morgan, a thirteen year old collier from Dinas… View »

Sorrow for my Sons - Graig Du Theatre Players

Cast of Characters: Sir John Dillwyn Llewelyn - William’s father. William Dillwyn Llewelyn - his son. A labourer Edward Strick - Coroner Dr. Ebenezer Davies  William Rosser - head gamekeeper. Th… View »

The Old Bridge - Graig Du Theatre Players

This is another of the Rhondda Mysteries entitled "The Old Bridge." Councillor Frank Coleridge is distraught as he sees how desperate things have become in his beloved Rhondda. Railing against old-… View »

Mother's Blessing - Graig Du Theatre Players 1 Comment

The dead wave, or the ninth wave, was what made Charles Pritchard take note of superstition and folklore as a young boy. Fascinated with the ideal of a sky god and his power over the Earth, Pritchard… View »

The Wounds of Innocence - Graig Du Theatre Players

This curious tale arose from a conversation I had many years ago with an old man who took part in the D-Day landings. Badly wounded during the fighting at Caen, he admits he was delrious, in terrible… View »

Deadmen's Bells - Graig du Theatre Players

I have included the text of another play "Deadmen's Bells" that will form part of a cycle of plays that will be entitled the "Rhondda Mysteries." Folklore tells us that the foxglove, also known as… View »

The Burden of Sorrows - Graig Du Theatre Players

The play is mentioned in the first blog I posted about the intended works that will be staged by the players. I have included the full text of the one-act play below. Others will follow over the next… View »

The Uninvited - Graig Du Theatre Players

I have included the full text of another play "The Uninvited" that will be expanded once things are up and running. This idea plays to the old superstitions and what people once believed when the… View »

Playwrights - Graig Du Theatre Players

I would like to hear from playwrights in the Rhondda who would be interested in joining the Graig Du Theatre Players. As I stated on the home page of the players, this is just for the beginning. The… View »

RSS

image block identification

© 2024   Created by National Theatre Wales.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service