Wales Millenium Centre Make It Yours Performance

Last Sunday Ascendance braved the weather to assemble in the Wales Millenium Centre to perform an hour long variety show as part of their Make It Yours programme.

Our dress rehearsal on Saturday was missing at least half the cast due to being snowed in and unable to travel- The staff walked in and I'm incredibly grateful for their dedication! We were expecting chaos on the Sunday, and this was confirmed when messages came flooding in in the morning with performers still unable to leave their houses! As the show began we were still missing our Joseph and our Joseph and his Amazing Technicoloured Dream Coat section left something to be desired with staff members and other children standing in for the Brothers... Joseph arrived in time for her solo at least which was well received!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dwnop65cuS4&list=UUT3wrjHiLPKEd...

More videos of this event are available on our youtube page Ascendance Theatre Arts. You will notice staff members standing in and jumping around all over the place trying to keep the chaos under control but luckily I don't think the audience realised as they were won over by our incredible singers, including 5 year old Evelyn who sang Castle on a Cloud from Les Miserables- this little star didn't look at me (the conducter) once and faced the audience, eye line up... what a star!

Let's hope it doesn't snow in April when the production runs in the YMCA, Roath!

Views: 107

Add a Comment

You need to be a member of National Theatre Wales Community to add comments!

Join National Theatre Wales Community

image block identification

© 2024   Created by National Theatre Wales.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service