Hello! If you're new to this social network site, please introduce yourself to our community.

Who are you? Why are you here? What do you do? How are you already involved in theatre - as a fan/participant/performer/artist? What do you want from National Theatre Wales? How do you want to become more involved with us and what we do?

PLEASE - Be honest and don't feel that you have to impress anyone.

As for me, I'm Catherine and I'm a Creative Associate with National Theatre Wales. I am Cardiff born and Cardiff bred... and very proud of it. I am a theatre director and have directed plays and lead projects with professional performers, new writers and young artists in lots of exciting places.

I want National Theatre Wales to put Welsh talent in Welsh productions on an international stage, speaking with and for Welsh artists and Welsh audiences. This social network will be the first place for this to happen as it is a space where National Theatre Wales can have an open dialogue with its core members - you, our community.

I hope you will use this social network to influence our work, to tell us how you want to get involved, what work we should be making, where you want us to go, where we are doing well and where we can do better.

Together we can build a community of people who talk to each other to make National Theatre Wales the best it can be - a truly National Theatre owned by the community it works with and for.

Views: 1676

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hello. I'm Jon. I'm an actor and a director and the artistic director of Unlimited Theatre. Which is based in England. I'm here because I'm genuinely excited by the open-ness and the clean slate optimism being expressed and this network appearing before a website and the explicit and sincere desire to engage with a community and an audience and barring a few minor incursions across the border to places like Aberystwyth we've never been able to find a way of working meaningfully with other artists and arts organisations in Wales and hopefully that'll be something that changes in the future and....... do you mind me asking - is it alright not be Welsh here? Looking forward to being part of a conversation in any case. Yes.
In answer to your question...

YES YES and YES!

If you want to be part of National Theatre Wales - come and join us on here!

And also - join us for a coffee in our office in 30 Castle Arcade Cardiff and join us in all of our conversations anywhere and everywhere!

The only requirement is that you want to be here, with National Theatre Wales.
Isn't this all terribly exciting?

Hello! I'm Alexander Vlahos, 20 year old, Greek/Welsh combo... Soon-to-be graduating Acting Student from the RWCMD. I write plays, produce short films and roller blade in my spare time. I am also, a NTW Team Member thingy, and was at the press lanuch, representing the college.

Website looks funky. Keep it up!
Hi,

This is exciting! I'm Lisa and I write plays, mainly for theatre, although I have dabbled a bit in radio/audio. There's more info about my work at www.lisaparry.com, including some info on a project I'm involved with in New York this July which I'm really excited about, even though I'm now dreaming in black and white surrealist imagery!

I also write poetry and was a journalist before switching to writing for the stage. I live in London at the moment, though my family's from the Valleys and I seem to spend half my life escaping to Pembrokeshire. Really looking forward to seeing what NTW has planned and getting involved as much as poss.
Hi all! I'm Richard Jones and am currently a Trainee Secondary School Drama Teacher at UWIC. I'm in my third year and have experienced three totally different school placements since moving to Cardiff.

I'm originally from Flintshire in North Wales so have connections with many of the theatre in the area and have performed in a fair few of them. I found my love for theatre in secondary school when I joined a local amateur theatre company.

My passion is for Drama Education and passing on the skills and knowledge I have gained to our future generations.

Most recently I worked with three colleagues in an inner city Cardiff school to produce and direct a performance of Animal Farm which toured local primary schools in the area. The cast was primarily my Year 10 GCSE class but also included pupils from Years 7 to 9.

The National Theatre of Wales project sounds like a very exciting initiative and I would really like to get on-board in any capacity possible!
Hello! I'm Charlotte. Im 20 and soon to be completing my degree in performing arts and theatre studies. After finishing univeristy i currently have no major plans but am completing work experience in a casting agents in my area to hopefully get my foot in the door. Even though i am doing a degree in acting, i am very interested in technical theatre and am currently looking for work experience in this area

The website looks brilliant and i am very excited to see what it has to offer!

Charlotte
X
Hi I am Sarah Morgan and I live in Swansea. I am on an HND/BA Technical Theatre course at Swansea Metropolitan University. I was very involved in stage & venue management 20 years ago working as a stage manager and running a venue at the Edinburgh Fringe for Reading university. I stopped to get a 'day job' in the NHS but took the opportunity to get back into my first interest last summer, and am loving it big time. I have two medium sized children who have supported the big change, and am tentatively exploring the world of work within theatre. Life begins again @ 40!
NTW looks very exciting and I am impressed by the ease of use of this network. Well done all, great to have something like this, this side of the Bridge!x
Hi Catherine,

My name is Matthew David Scott (but most people know me as Scotty - feel free to keep it informal!) and I am a writer. I'm hoping to get involved with National Theatre Wales both with Slung Low (the company I write for and co-founded), and also in my own right.

I'm originally from Manchester but have lived and worked in Wales for seven years now. As well as writing plays, I write fiction. My first novel 'Playing Mercy' was published in 2006 and six and was one of fourteen books selected for the international EDS Dylan Thomas Prize. My next novel 'The Ground Remembers' is out in October and I'm currently about half way through a third.

On top of all this I work as a teacher in Cardiff.

For more stuff check out www.slunglow.org

Cheers,

Scotty
Slunglow is genius.
Hello!

I'm Leighton Martin, and I'm just about to graduate from the Central School of Speech and Drama's BA (Hons) Acting course in mid-June. I am an actor, and have developed a growing interest in directing throughout my final year, and think I may be heading in that direction.

I'm thoroughly excited by the prospect of a national theatrical voice for Wales (in the English language, at least, as I am not a Welsh-speaker) and intruiged to see the sort of work that is forthcoming.

Best of luck with all the planning!
Hello Everyone, I hope you're all well,

I'm Stephen. I was born in Brecon and brought up (mostly) within Wales' borders. I graduated from Swansea Metropolitan University in 2008, I'm a performer and co-founder of newly formed ShellShock, a devising theatre company based in Swansea. We'll be performing our show BODYSHOP in TactileBOSHE in Llandaff at the end of the month.

I'm interested in creating and experiencing exciting new work in Wales. I'm looking forward to the Hide and Seek Sandpit event, sounds awesome. Hope I can get down to Cardiff for it. City centres need to be used for more than just shopping.
Hi, I'm Ben. I'm a lighting designer.

I became a lighting designer partly as the result of some formative experiences in the Swansea area (don't worry, it's ok now!) whilst living and studying there in the 90s.

I have a website about my lighting design here.

Although I spend a lot of time doing the lighting design, I also sometimes collaborate/devise on projects in a more 'all round' creative/designer/writer kind of way.

It's good to be here!

RSS

image block identification

© 2024   Created by National Theatre Wales.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service