Hello! If you're new to this social network site, please introduce yourself to our community.

Who are you? Why are you here? What do you do? How are you already involved in theatre - as a fan/participant/performer/artist? What do you want from National Theatre Wales? How do you want to become more involved with us and what we do?

PLEASE - Be honest and don't feel that you have to impress anyone.

As for me, I'm Catherine and I'm a Creative Associate with National Theatre Wales. I am Cardiff born and Cardiff bred... and very proud of it. I am a theatre director and have directed plays and lead projects with professional performers, new writers and young artists in lots of exciting places.

I want National Theatre Wales to put Welsh talent in Welsh productions on an international stage, speaking with and for Welsh artists and Welsh audiences. This social network will be the first place for this to happen as it is a space where National Theatre Wales can have an open dialogue with its core members - you, our community.

I hope you will use this social network to influence our work, to tell us how you want to get involved, what work we should be making, where you want us to go, where we are doing well and where we can do better.

Together we can build a community of people who talk to each other to make National Theatre Wales the best it can be - a truly National Theatre owned by the community it works with and for.

Views: 1676

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hi Catherine,
I'm Mared I'm an actress, writer,director and I co-run Dirty Protest Theatre with Tim Price, Claire Hill and Ellie Carter. I didn't get a chance to meet you in person last night's party, but thank you very much. It was so great to see so many young people there! I'm really excited about what NTW will be able to offer new and existing theatre creators and goers in Wales and beyond! Nice office too!!
Mared
Hi, my name is Steve Purbrick. I'm an actor, and I've been involved in Museum Theatre for nearly 20 years. I'm based in South Wales and London, but have worked all over the UK. Recently, I've been re-training on the 'Recharge' courses organized by Equity, and trained and worked with Triangle Theatre in Coventry. I'm really excited about the NTW project, and all I can say is- about time! The development of this online resource is quite exciting, and I'm looking forward to the future.
Hi Catherine, Simon here! Am a freelance director, writer, actor and general theatre bod. Brought up in Cardiff, was a member of the National Youth Theatre of Wales (many years ago). Trained first as an actor at Bristol Old Vic Theatre School, then with you as a director at Birkbeck. Have worked all over the place in theatre – fringe, regional rep, TIE, open-air, site-specific, London commercial – but am now based back in Cardiff. Live with my partner, who is a fabulous dancer, choreographer and dance teacher. Looking forward to everything NTW and keen to be involved any way I can. xx
Hi, um, I'm Brad Birch. I'm a 20 year old playwright based in Powys. Co-wrote the last Mid Powys Youth Theatre show for Theatr Powys.
Brought up in Llandrindod Wells. Lived for a bit in Cardiff.
Have wanted to write in general since being very young. Have wanted to write for the stage since being introduced to Steven Berkoff, Edward Bond and Joe Orton about 2 years ago.
Hello there all,

I'm Matthew and I'm primarily an actor. I am also one half of True/Fiction Theatre with Anna Bliss Scully, for whom I have performed, written, directed and produced. Our current show, The Exquisite Corpse, is on at the Southwark Playhouse at the moment and is running until the end of the month should anyone be in London over the next 6 days.

I am very excited to see what NTW holds for the future, and I think this online community is a great starting point for bringing together the wealth of talents currently in existence in the Welsh theatre scene.

Looking forward to seeing what develops!
Hi all, I'm Phil - writer and performer - writer of Deep Cut, associate artist with Volcano. Not Welsh (my Yorkshire accent still emerges when I'm fed up, apparently ...) but proud and delighted to now live and work in Wales and really looking forward to where NTW is going to take theatre in Wales and beyond.
Hello, we are OREN - an actors' co-operative based in Cardiff. Our office is in Chapter and we are always pleased to hear from actors who would like to be a part of our incredible talent-base. Almost as pleased as when we hear from employers who want to work with anyone of us! You can say hello on 0845 459 1420
Hi - Stacey here, and I'm an actress, born and bred in Newport. I'm hoping to get involved with National Theatre of Wales in an acting capacity and I'm really hoping that the doors 'won't be closed' as they so often are to actors like myself in Wales. The last theatre work that I was involved with was Patrick Jones's new play "Revelation" which opened in Cardiff last year and then performed at The Riverfront recently in a performance for The British Council. The play explores the taboo subject of male domestic violence....won't bore you too much...but the production is ongoing, with future touring dates tbc. I hope the National Theatre of Wales will be like something we've never had before in Wales - an exciting, challenging, creative and risk-taking 'organisation' that finally gives us - 'Wales' a voice! Exciting times methinks!
Hi, I'm Tim Nunn. I make theatre in Glasgow, mainly with Reeling & Writhing which I founded with director Katherine Morley. I write and have produce our work. I have produced the work of other companies in the past, working from Battersea Arts Centre in London. I'm interested to see how the National Theatre of Wales develops, particularly in comparison to the National Theatre of Scotland.
Good luck with it and I look forward to seeing the work soon.
http://www.reelingwrithing.com
Hello Tim,
My name is Ace McCarron. I heard a lot about your production 'Standing Wave', but never got a chance to see it. Is there any way I could get to read the script?
Best wishes,
Ace.
Hello, my name is Hanna Jarman. I'm an Acting student at the Royal Welsh College of Music and Drama. I'm from Cardiff and I'm a fluent Welsh speaker. I've been a member of National Youth Theatre of Wales and I'm very excited that we finally have a National Theatre Wales! I've been waiting for this since Theatr Genedlaethol Cymru did their first show! Thank you for getting me involved with the launch party, I had a great time!
Hello Hello!

This is exciting isn't it! I'm Ellie Carter (or Duck as I am on Facebook, I say duck a lot, I lived in Stoke on Trent from age 11).

I run Dirty Protest with dynamos Tim Price, Mared Swain and Claire Hill. I'm also an Associate Producer for Scary Little Girls Productions and have worked in Wales mainly as a Stage Manager / Production Manager.

I'm currently Stage / Company Manager on tour with Unlimited Theatre's 'The Moon The Moon', we're on the last leg of the tour now and about to hit Southwark Playhouse straight after True/Fiction's 'Exquisite Corpse'.

I was lucky enough to start in theatre surrounded by companies like Unlimited Theatre, Third Angel, Slung Low and Forced Entertainment. I think the northern english scene has been very exciting (recently the Northern Exposure festival programmed by West Yorkshire Playhouse featured some brilliant artists) and has really inspired the direction that my career has gone in. Such as a focus on the work itself. Making work that is current, poignant, beautiful, clever, original has to be the focus.

I like it when people refer to Production Staff as "creatives".

Really looking forward to living back in Cardiff full-time and to keep making work with our company Dirty Protest www.dirtyprotesttheatre.co.uk

RSS

image block identification

© 2024   Created by National Theatre Wales.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service