Information

Fresh Apples

This is a group to gather support for a project that has received a seed commission from NTW. Julie Barclay is planning to adapt and develop Fresh Apples by Rachel Trezise as a Theatre production.

Members: 129
Latest Activity: Aug 5, 2017

Discussion Forum

This group does not have any discussions yet.

Comment Wall

Add a Comment

You need to be a member of Fresh Apples to add comments!

Comment by Julie Barclay on January 19, 2012 at 11:19

Hi Claire, thanks for your support..and i def keep you in the loop  J X

Comment by claire hathway on January 19, 2012 at 0:09
Ill watch this space julie. Cheers :-)
Comment by Julie Barclay on January 19, 2012 at 0:07

Hello...

to anyone who is interested in the development of the English language adaptation for stage of  'Fresh Apples' by Rachel Trezise . Last year the production was awarded a small grant by ACW and a fine company of actors came together with me to create a staged reading of three of the stories. Fresh Apples (small bites) received a very positive response at Tactile Bosch and at The Soar Centre in Penygraig and spurred me on to take the piece further. I am currently adapting more stories from the collection and in discussion with RCT to mount a small scale tour of the adaptation. The proposal is that the production will be performed at the Rhondda Cynon Taff theatres..The Ponty Muni Arts Centre in Pontypridd, The Parc and Dare in Treorchy and The Coliseum in Aberdare. This is an exciting and positive step forward for the future of the piece and i hope that you will keep supporting the production. In time there will be readings/workshops to develop the the script further. I am in discusssions with RCT about the timing of the tour and will keep this group updated about the details as they emerge.

Thankyou to everyone who came to see the first show and i look forward to seeing you all at the next one

Julie

Comment by Carys Eleri on June 23, 2011 at 4:17
Loved it :)
Comment by Julie Barclay on March 10, 2011 at 4:15

The book is being translated into Welsh by Cwmni Theatr Franwen based in North Wales..at the same time we are developing this production to tour south wales in English...separate companies. Thanks

Comment by Guy O'Donnell on March 10, 2011 at 3:49
Hi is this your production now being developed into the Welsh Language or a separate organization adapting the same book at the same time as you?
Comment by Julie Barclay on February 28, 2011 at 0:58
Thanks Sule...look forward to catching up then xx
Comment by Sule Rimi on February 28, 2011 at 0:54
heard good things Jules. gutted i missed it but will try and make penygraig. xx
Comment by Steve Denton on February 27, 2011 at 9:49
And me...!!!!!
Comment by Julie Barclay on February 27, 2011 at 9:45

Thanks Michael  - I cant wait to see the final production too!

Members (128)

image block identification

© 2024   Created by National Theatre Wales.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service