The Radicalisation of Bradley Manning

Information

The Radicalisation of Bradley Manning

One of the most important political stories of our time - Bradley Manning, the US soldier accused of leaking thousands of military cables to Wikileaks - brought to life in this award-winning production by the UK's most exciting new national company.

'A viscerally exciting piece of theatre' (Guardian).

**** (Daily TelegraphIndependent on Sunday, TheArtsDesk.com, Western Mail).

The Radicalisation of Bradley Manning was first staged across Wales in April 2012 and will be remounted at the 2013 Edinburgh Festival Fringe. 

See the show at: 

Pleasance at St Thomas of Aquin's High School,

Chalmers St, Edinburgh EH3 9ES

6th - 25th August 2013

Members: 98
Latest Activity: Aug 3, 2018

This group is here for people interested in, involved in and affected by the play The Radicalisation of Bradley Manning. Join in and contribute as we develop the play further and re-stage our artistic response to his story, and his relationship with Wales. 

You can read a blog post by TIm Price on why he wanted to tell this story here.

Click here to see our Storify Story of tweets and other content around the first staging of The Radicalisation of Bradley Manning.

We're updating a Storify Story around the 2013 remounting, and you can see that here.   

----------

This play is a fictional account which has been inspired by a true story. The incidents, characters and time lines have been changed for dramatic purposes. In some cases fictitious characters and incidents have been added to the plot, and the words are those imagined by the author. The play should not be understood as a biography or any other factual account. 

Discussion Forum

This group does not have any discussions yet.

#NTWBradley Twitter feed

Loading… Loading feed

Comment Wall

Add a Comment

You need to be a member of The Radicalisation of Bradley Manning to add comments!

Comment by Lindi Carter on July 19, 2013 at 9:51

RE Brad's statement for the Providence Enquiry of 28th Feb 2013 (explanation here) leaked from courtroom that Gwawr and Michael are referring to:

Here it's in several forms of audio - some 'enhanced' and a bit easier to hear.

And here is the full written statement with KEY PARTS highlighted in RED

And here is part of the chat logs from May 2010 - all that pertains to the leaks and Brad's motivation extracted from the 5 day chat

Comment by Michael Gilhooly on July 19, 2013 at 9:13

You can get the whole hour long statement here:

https://s3.amazonaws.com/pressfreedom/bradley_manning_statement/ful...

Comment by Gwawr Loader on July 19, 2013 at 8:26

We're able to hear Bradley speak a little on this video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xaa9tsQKgYY . It relates to one of the scenes in the play (the Nidal scene). Interesting to hear Bradley himself speaking. 

Comment by Michael Gilhooly on July 19, 2013 at 7:14

Hi everyone, like Naomi I'm also joining the Bradley cast this summer and incredibly excited to be involved in the show! Can't wait to get started...

Comment by Gavin Porter on July 16, 2013 at 3:13

Mumia Abu Jamal talks about Edward Snowden.

Comment by Naomi Gwennie Everson on July 11, 2013 at 2:11

Hello!...I'm Naomi, and I will be joining the Bradley Manning cast this summer on our venture to Edinburgh, I'm very excited to be involved in this piece of theatre, what a privilege!.

Currently learning lines with a glass of rose enjoying the sun!

Naomi xx

Comment by National Theatre Wales on July 10, 2013 at 3:46

Hi Everyone,  We're getting ready here to start rehearsals for our revival of The Radicalisation of Bradley Manning, which will be shown in Edinburgh this year.  I'm really pleased that four of the original (award-winning!) cast will be joining us again - Matthew Aubrey, Harry Ferrier, Gwawr Loader and Kyle Rees. Sadly Sion Young and Anjana Vasan had both already committed to other projects for the summer, but we have two great new actors to replace them - Michael Gilhooly and Naomi Everson. I'm sure they will introduce themselves here soon.  Meantime Tim and I have been working on the play and the production - along with our fantastic creative team.  We're interested in how we can take this opportunity of remounting the play to try one or two new things, and we're also exploring whether and how we incorporate all the many developments in Bradley's story since we first produced the play in April 2012.  Certainly the issues the script deals with  - both the specifics of Bradley's case and the wider issues of access to information - have only become more urgent since then.  We start our fast and furious two week re-rehearsal period in Cardiff on July 22 and we all look forward to sharing our progress in this group.

Comment by Catrin Rogers on July 8, 2013 at 3:30

Hi Lindi,

Thanks for the brilliant update. We're all glued to the news and following developments closely. The Scottish press are typically clued up too: http://www.scotsman.com/lifestyle/film/wikileaks-stealing-secrets-p.... Keep 'em coming!

Comment by Lindi Carter on July 8, 2013 at 3:00

Hey all - great stuff! We can't wait to see where you take this now!

The defence case starts today and because a fair amount of the prosecution case was demolished by them and now pretty much rests on circumstantial evidence, Brad's lawyers are expected to begin with a motion seeking dismissal of some of the charges.

Although the prosecution case has failed to live up to their opening statement and looks weak, there is, of course, no telling how the Judge is viewing this. We may, however, get a bit of insight on what she thinks of the prosecution case when she rules on the anticipated application to have some of the charges dismissed.....

For key updates and links/access to trial keep checking the Wise Up Action Noticeboard under 'Court Martial' (scroll down), and I will also try to give you a shout when anything critical happens...

Comment by Catrin Rogers on July 8, 2013 at 0:02

Morning all! I'm thrilled to kick start the group again, with just over 4 weeks to go until the show reopens, at the Edinburgh Fringe Festival. To get the ball rolling, here's the confirmed cast and creative team: http://nationaltheatrewales.org/radicalisation-bradley-manning#cast...

Most of them have Twitter accounts, so you can follow their updates as the rehearsals develop.

Watch this space!

Members (95)

image block identification

© 2024   Created by National Theatre Wales.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service