NTW20 - In Water I'm Weightless

Information

NTW20 - In Water I'm Weightless

Inspired by the lives of disabled and Deaf people – poetic and provocatively funny.

Website: http://nationaltheatrewales.org/whatson/performance/ntw20
Members: 69
Latest Activity: Aug 22, 2012

Live From the Rehearsal Room

Watch the second in the series of Live from the Rehearsal Room live casts with Director @john_ntw and writer Kaite O'Reilly. 

If you're having problems viewing the broadcast, please visit our uStream Channel.

Broadcasting live with Ustream

Discussion Forum

This group does not have any discussions yet.

Comment Wall

Add a Comment

You need to be a member of NTW20 - In Water I'm Weightless to add comments!

Comment by Sara Beer on June 28, 2012 at 4:16
Having a fascinating day working on text and signs, lots of hard work for the actors and I am learning when to keep quiet, those of you who know me will understand the challenge! Thanks for the poem Sue
Comment by Kaite O'Reilly on June 28, 2012 at 3:09

Another physical morning.... In Water I'm Weightless rehearsals.

Comment by Sue Kent on June 27, 2012 at 6:20

I'm right in the picture

not a permanent fixture

the twittering feed

leads me to believe

rehearsals have started

with full movement classes

if you pull any muscles

in creative scene tussles

I can repair you for free

if  i'm not  too busy.

Shoot me now..terrible rhyme. good luck everyone

I cant wait to see the show

Comment by Mathilde Lopez on June 26, 2012 at 23:10

I just wanted to say that I am extremelly excited by this show and avidely read everything posted here so Nick and Kaite, please carry on

Comment by Nick Phillips on June 26, 2012 at 12:21

Can I just say re: the pic of me below.  Miss Haversham is looking rough these days aint she!  Anyway.....

I was right, It was Dbl lovely to see everyone again.  There was much hugging on arrival and I even threw in a few air kisses myself for good measure. Mwah Mwah!!!

So 2 rehearsal days down and....... Well I think it's best I dont start a countdown just yet! It seems we've hit the floor running (or at least wheels rolling in some of our cases) with rehearsals trundling on nicely already.  It's splendid to eventually start getting down to the bones of the script before packing them back up to a performance of meaty splendour..... Although I did drop a huge fopar of numptyness when I 'spoke' some typed 'stage directions' whilst working on the script as a cast. Yeah Dave, I am now the bench mark of the group!  Alongside the text work we've also started working on a relish of movement.  Im really enjoying discovering how this NEW body of mine works on its own and how it how it works alongside everyone elses...... Although pulsing along the floor on my shoulders and face at that time of the morning is A: somthing I'll have to get used to again and B: no matter how much hairspray I use is seriously messing with my hair! 

Okeedokee.... As it's late I should be getting to my beauty sleep before it all starts again tomorrow. Will babble more soon................ Have a nice 1 peeps.... Lv N sTfF n NoNsNs   XxX

Comment by Kaite O'Reilly on June 26, 2012 at 10:00

A morning of movement with Catherine Bennett, an afternoon on text with John McG.

Further images form the second day of rehearsals at:

http://kaiteoreilly.wordpress.com/2012/06/26/in-water-im-weightless...

Comment by Jen Thornton on June 26, 2012 at 0:03

The Meet & Greet on Day 1 of rehearsals. This short video was put together by TEAM members Kym Epton and Lee John Davies. 

Comment by Kaite O'Reilly on June 25, 2012 at 8:15

A few more photos and some basic background information on In Water I'm Weightless, from a writer's pov, can be found on: http://kaiteoreilly.wordpress.com/2012/06/25/in-water-im-weightless...

Comment by Kaite O'Reilly on June 25, 2012 at 7:30

The image I posted earlier, of Nick Phillips on day one of rehearsals of In Water I'm Weightless sums up a brilliant first day.... Lots of defiance, lots of dressing up and (in)appropriate posturing and gestures.....

Roll on day two!

Comment by Kaite O'Reilly on June 25, 2012 at 7:28

Members (65)

image block identification

© 2024   Created by National Theatre Wales.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service