NTW20 - In Water I'm Weightless

Information

NTW20 - In Water I'm Weightless

Inspired by the lives of disabled and Deaf people – poetic and provocatively funny.

Website: http://nationaltheatrewales.org/whatson/performance/ntw20
Members: 69
Latest Activity: Aug 22, 2012

Live From the Rehearsal Room

Watch the second in the series of Live from the Rehearsal Room live casts with Director @john_ntw and writer Kaite O'Reilly. 

If you're having problems viewing the broadcast, please visit our uStream Channel.

Broadcasting live with Ustream

Discussion Forum

This group does not have any discussions yet.

Comment Wall

Add a Comment

You need to be a member of NTW20 - In Water I'm Weightless to add comments!

Comment by Sara Beer on June 24, 2012 at 7:39

It's been a long wait but I am so looking forward to starting work on IWIW and seeing everyone again - hooray!!

Comment by Nick Phillips on June 24, 2012 at 4:58

(To the tune of the Coca-Cola Xmas advert)..... I.W.I.W. rehearsals are coming I.W.I.W. rehearsals are coming!................  Well Woo Yay we start tomorrow.  It's bin ages since we were in Cardiff hurtling down the exploratory path of script n movement, but like a hibernating.....Ummmm....Thingymajig (poor metaphor use), it's time we woke to gather as a working herd and start afresh.  I'm Dbl excited (and nervous to see if I can string 2 scripted words together) to see what happens in the coming weeks and of course to see what we produce in the end.So...... That's it for now, cept to say an early Hello to everyone I'll see tomorrow mornin and an even earlier Hello to those who I'll see at the performances  I hope to comment more as the journes progresses.  Lv N sTfF N NoNsNs   NiCk  XxX     

Comment by Kaite O'Reilly on June 24, 2012 at 0:09

In Water seems to be an appropriate title, given the non-stop rain (which promises to continue all week...)

Safe journey to Mr Fraser and all the other amazing collaborators travelling either across Cardiff, across Wales, across the UK, or across the Atlantic to make this performance... xx

Comment by Mat Fraser on June 24, 2012 at 0:06

Leaving London, welcome Wales, watery weightlessness, criptastic tales

Looking forward to finally starting this project properly. YEAH!

Comment by Kaite O'Reilly on June 2, 2012 at 23:57

Delighted to say Gwen Davies of New Welsh Review has just published an article by me on In Water I'm Weightless and the Cultural Olympiad in the latest edition of NWR. I'll also start blogging about the process from today on www.kaiteoreilly.wordpress.com

Comment by Kaite O'Reilly on April 3, 2012 at 23:58

Great, thanks Beth. I'm really excited about the whole forthcoming experience.... Am currently working on the script, creating a draft to share with director John McGrath once his current production The Radicalisation of Bradley Manning opens.... 

Comment by Beth House on April 3, 2012 at 23:40

Hello there IWIW members! Beth here at Hijinx Unity Festival. Very excited that Kaite and some of the IWIW cast will be coming to an "in conversation" event as part of Unity Festival in June 2012.  We can't wait to host what will be an exciting event and an interesting addition to our packed programme! See you there. WMC 6pm Tuesday 26th June.

Comment by Kaite O'Reilly on January 2, 2012 at 22:17

Happy and creative 2012 to all... Looking forward to all sorts of engaging and inventive productions and events this year, with NTW and beyond....

As part of my 'where have i been? where am I headed?' musings over 2011, I wrote about disability arts and culture and the mainstream on my blog.  In Water... is featured. You can find that post here:

http://kaiteoreilly.wordpress.com/2012/01/01/that-was-the-year-that...

Comment by Sara Beer on December 30, 2011 at 10:32
I was very chuffed to be included in the Names to look out for in 2012, glad IWIW got more publicity, please go to the link below for the article. Very best wishes to you all for a happy, healthy and weightless 2012!
http://www.walesonline.co.uk/showbiz-and-lifestyle/arts-in-wales/20...
Comment by Kaite O'Reilly on November 30, 2011 at 7:23

A quickie - delighted to see we were picked as one of the highlights for the 2012 Cultural Olympiad in a preview programme over the weekend. Follow the link to read more:

http://kaiteoreilly.wordpress.com/2011/11/30/in-water-im-weightless...

Members (65)

image block identification

© 2024   Created by National Theatre Wales.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service