NTW04: For Mountain, Sand & Sea

Information

NTW04: For Mountain, Sand & Sea

This is the group for For Mountain, Sand & Sea: official tag: NTW04
View all blog posts about For Mountain, Sand & Sea

Members: 102
Latest Activity: Nov 27, 2011

Discussion Forum

This group does not have any discussions yet.

Live results for ntw04 around the web

Loading… Loading feed

Comment Wall

Add a Comment

You need to be a member of NTW04: For Mountain, Sand & Sea to add comments!

Comment by Marc Rees on November 20, 2009 at 2:53
Off to buy W G Sebald's 'Austerlitz' which apparently has wonderful descriptions of Barmouth and elaborates on its Darwinian connection.
Comment by Hugh Griffith Roberts on November 20, 2009 at 2:31
This the interior of the Congregational Chapel , Siloam.
Just been there. The organ , which works perfectly , is up for sale. This is the Chapel I attended as a child and it was with great regret that I noticed our family pew was no longer there.
Comment by Marc Rees on November 20, 2009 at 2:02

Comment by Marc Rees on November 20, 2009 at 2:02

Is this the former Baptist chapel interior Hugh in its current pound shop incarnation ?
Comment by Marc Rees on November 20, 2009 at 0:19
Great background info Hugh, diolch yn fawr
Comment by Hugh Griffith Roberts on November 20, 2009 at 0:18
This store is one of 3 lockup stores located below Christ Church schoolroom and over the years has been a method of funding the cause.The Capel was built for English Presbyterian worship in 1878. Rev James Jones , old and infirm , travelled hundreds of miles preaching and lecturing and collected £1,500 to secure a mainly debt free chapel. Of interest from that time to the present the 3 shops are not allowed to trade on the Sabbath and conditions of lease exact. To the right is the Baptist Chapel built in 1886.
Christ church in recent times is shared with the Congregationalists and Baptist Chapel is now " The Price is Right " !!!
Comment by Marc Rees on November 19, 2009 at 23:40

Another gem from the archive.
R. Powell & Son, Beach Road 1922
Comment by Hugh Griffith Roberts on November 19, 2009 at 5:49
I am in a position to confirm after consulting 1901 Census of Barmouth that Ty Gwyn was divided into 6 abodes. No. 5 is of interest. Head of House one Mary Williams , 36 years , + two visitors , both born in Barmouth and bilingual. They were James Jones ,7 years and Betty Pritchard , 3 years.
Comment by Marc Rees on November 19, 2009 at 5:49
I've just been to Cardiff Theatrical Services (where their currently rebuilding the set for 'Les Miserables') to discuss the back cloth that will form part of the 'FMS&S'installation...very exciting!
Comment by Marc Rees on November 19, 2009 at 3:29
John Sam Jones will be a crucial part of the project in terms of shaping the tales that will emerge from the people of Bermo once we are in temporary residence in our 'Siop Stori'/ 'Story Shop' mid March. Hugh G Roberts and his incredible archive will also play an integral catalystical role.

Members (98)

image block identification

© 2024   Created by National Theatre Wales.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service