Information

Tonypandemonium

10th - 19th October 2013

In its centenary year the Park & Dare theatre in Treorchy plays host to the first play from Dylan Thomas Prize winning author Rachel Trezise; a raucous, raunchy, hilarious and heartbreaking account of a daughter’s fraught, decade-spanning relationship with her beautiful, fun-loving and alcoholic mother. ‘You just know it’s going to be one of those nights. She’s on the change. I’m on my period. Hormonal teenager and neurotic mother under one terraced roof? My father’s got a word for it: Tonypandemonium.'

Members: 51
Latest Activity: Mar 26, 2015

We've created a Storify Story to keep track of the show through tweets and other content generated around the production process. You can find it here

Discussion Forum

This group does not have any discussions yet.

#Tonypandemonium Twitter feed

Comment Wall

Add a Comment

You need to be a member of Tonypandemonium to add comments!

Comment by Devinda De Silva on July 16, 2013 at 13:23

On a visit to the Parc and Dare last week I noticed an old poster in the foyer for a gig by Labi Siffre.

Today he describes himself as an Atheist, Poet, Musician, Liberal, Social Commentator and still lives in Wales. Back in 1975 he released the track 'I Got The...' which has been sampled by The Beatnuts, Wu-Tang Clan, Eminem & Primal Scream amongst others.

Comment by Jen Thornton on July 11, 2013 at 13:16

As you probably know, this show is part of the #NTWTreorchy residency at the Parc & Dare theatre. We're very excited about collaborating with RCT Cultural Services and lots of other people to create a residency packed with activity and opportunity. 

We have confirmed a number of the events which will form the residency programme, which you'll find below. There will also be plenty more - including workshops, music events and WalesLab projects - which we'll tell you all about when they're confirmed. 

If you live in the area, you'd like to be part of any of the events, or you have any great ideas for other things we should be doing, let us know. 

Tonypandemonium

This new play by Rachel Trezise is a raucous, raunchy, hilarious and heartbreaking account of a daughter's fraught relationship with her beautiful, fun-loving alcoholic mother. 

Friday 11th - Saturday 19th October

Dirty, Gifted and Welsh

A whole weekend showcasing the best in new Welsh writing, in collaboration with Dirty Protest. 

Saturday 19th - Sunday 20th October

Gwyn Thomas: A Centennial Celebration

Professor Dai Smith, Leighton Andrews AM, Rachel Trezise and Carolyn Hitt debate and celebrate the life of the acclaimed Rhondda playwright Gwyn Thomas. In association with Literature Wales and RCT Theatres

Thursday 24th October

Mother Courage on Trial

A new version of Brecht's Mother Courage has been created by Ed Thomas. This evening event will include rehearsed readings from the new translation and a 'trial' of the main character - was she right to do what she did? 

Friday 25th October

Treorchy Assembly

National Theatre Wales' Assembly performance-debate event comes to Treorchy, combining performance responding to a local issue with a chance to debate and respond. 

Saturday 26th October 

Comment by Emma MacNab on January 24, 2013 at 18:35

So excited about this! The preview today at the launch party sounded great!

Members (49)

© 2019   Created by National Theatre Wales.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service