Information

CRITICAL CHINWAG

Critical Chinwag is a new review & social night by me (Hi, I’m Bud by the way!) and NTW TEAM. 

Members: 108
Latest Activity: Jan 19, 2017

WHAT IS CRITICAL CHINWAG

Critical Chinwag is an an opportunity to see a variety of different performances. It allows for bigger theatre discussion across Wales on the NTW pages and encourage more theatre chin-wagging. Reviewing a show on your own can be scary so through having a chat in a group you can have more confidence and freedom to say what you want.

Simply, Critical Chinwag is a way for you to see different performances, discuss theatre and meet new and interesting people! 

When you come to a Critical Chinwag night you will receive...

- A free ticket for the selected show

- A post-show bevvy (wine, beer, sangria, squash...)

- A chance to discuss theatre and meet new people

In return we ask for you to...

- As a group, give your honest opinions of the show.

- Tweet and blog your thoughts on here and Twitter

- Have a good chin-wag and enjoy your night!

To be involved...

You must be a member of NTW TEAM to come to a Critical Chinwag night - If you are not a member, you can find more info about TEAM and become a member here 

We offer a small amount of tickets for each show, so if you are not successful the first time fear not! It’s nothing personal, just keep on trying! And all you need to do is send me an e-mail by the deadline specified for each night. 

Details of each events will be updated on here so keep your eyes peeled! And if you want to find out more feel free to e-mail me on buddugjjones@hotmail.com

Discussion Forum

My Body Welsh - Critical Chinwag @Galeri Caernarfon 26.1.17

(Originally posted on Rachel Risen's blog pages on January 19th 2017)Would you like the chance to see a piece of current theatre for free and join a group of us in the bar afterwards for a chat about…Continue

Started by rachel rosen Jan 19, 2017.

Light Waves Dark Skies

Here's my review of We Made This' Light Waves Dark Skies:…Continue

Started by Tom Wentworth Dec 7, 2016.

Can Yr Adar/ Birdsong, Theatr Mwldan

I was curious to see this performance, and a little unconvinced that it would work. A bilingual fusion of soul folk and jazz to tell the tale of a Welsh rainforest (is there such a thing?) seemed a…Continue

Tags: Welsh, bilingual, Crawford, Meriel, Kizzy

Started by Rozanna Niazi Nov 7, 2016.

Critical Chinwag - LIGHT WAVES DARK SKIES - 30th NOVEMBER at CHAPTER ARTS CENTRE

Hello! It's that time again... Yes, it's Critical Chinwag! So do come and join me for TEAM's always popular social and review event.This time I'm very excited to be hosting the Critical Chinwag for…Continue

Started by Tom Wentworth Nov 5, 2016.

@CriticalChinwag

Loading… Loading feed

Comment Wall

Add a Comment

You need to be a member of CRITICAL CHINWAG to add comments!

Comment by Buddug James Jones on August 28, 2013 at 10:41

Hi all!

It's time for the next Critical Chinwag!

You do not have to come from a theatre background to be involved with this evening, it's just s great opportunity to see new stuff for free, meet new people and have a chat about it all after!

The next evening is to see 'Schrödinger' by Reckless Sleepers at Sherman Cymru, Cardiff onWednesday 11th of September.

"In 1933 Erwin Schrodinger won the Nobel Prize for his contribution to Quantum Mechanics. He theorised a box in which a cat exists as living and dead at the same time. In 1998 Reckless Sleepers built that box – and now over a decade later, they are climbing back inside."

This show is at Sherman as part of the World Stage Design - a celebration of international performance design, so this is a fantastic opportunity to see a world renowned show, and best of all, for FREE thanks to TEAM!

All you need to do is e-mail me on buddugjjones@hotmail.com by Friday 6th of September . We have got 4 tickets available so please get in touch asap!

Looking forward to hearing from you all!

Bud x

P.S here's a little clip to wet your appetites...

Comment by Frank Thomas on August 28, 2013 at 10:14

Bud this looks amazing but I got work the next day!

I swear your picking these just to tease me!
i am going to send you my calender so you can plan the next chinwag all around me :)
anyway hope you and the lucky guys who get to go see this have an amazing time, will have to have a chinwag of our own so i can find out what you though of it x

Comment by Buddug James Jones on August 28, 2013 at 9:25

Hi all!

It's time for the next Critical Chinwag!

You do not have to come from a theatre background to be involved with this evening, it's just s great opportunity to see new stuff for free, meet new people and have a chat about it all after!

The next evening is to see 'Schrödinger' by Reckless Sleepers at Sherman Cymru, Cardiff onWednesday 11th of September.

"In 1933 Erwin Schrodinger won the Nobel Prize for his contribution to Quantum Mechanics. He theorised a box in which a cat exists as living and dead at the same time. In 1998 Reckless Sleepers built that box – and now over a decade later, they are climbing back inside."

This show is at Sherman as part of the World Stage Design - a celebration of international performance design, so this is a fantastic opportunity to see a world renowned show, and best of all, for FREE thanks to TEAM!

All you need to do is e-mail me on buddugjjones@hotmail.com by Friday 6th of September . We have got 4 tickets available so please get in touch asap!

Looking forward to hearing from you all!

Bud x

P.S here's a little clip to wet your appetites...

Comment by Buddug James Jones on May 17, 2013 at 22:17

I've just mentioned Critical Chinwag on an article page on the Guardian-

http://www.guardian.co.uk/stage/theatreblog/2013/may/13/theatre?com...

Comment by Buddug James Jones on April 25, 2013 at 23:12

Hi all!

It is time for a brand spanking new Critical Chinwag evening! 

The next show we're going to see is 'Reverie' by Yellow Brick  on Saturday 1st of June.

Reverie is a new sort of performance- mixture of online storytelling, street gaming and performance and it will take place around different areas of Cardiff Bay. I have no idea what to expect!

We have 6 tickets available for this performance. 

If you would like a ticket, please email me on buddugjjones@hotmail.com by MONDAY 13TH MAY.

Remember....

-These tickets are FREE

-You will need to tweet and blog on the community page about the show

-You do not have to be based in Cardiff to join us- we can help with your travel

-For this show specifically, you must be comfortable to walk around outside for the duration of the show.

- You don't need to be in expert in theatre, games, performance, dance, puppetry, writing,  marine biology etc to be a Critical Chinwagger (see what I did there!)

That's all for now folks!

Comment by Tula Miah on November 23, 2012 at 12:31

I really enjoyed my self show was a hit from the very start, funny and serious in equal measure.

Comment by Buddug James Jones on November 23, 2012 at 4:40

Ah yes there will be another one coming up soon folks! 

Just watch this space.... Thanks for coming Tula! And for your beautiful photos as ever ;) What did you think ok the show? There's a space on the discussion board for you to add your thought...

Bud x

Comment by Tula Miah on November 22, 2012 at 23:37

hay bud had a great time on the first night of critical chinwag night. hope there is many more to come :) 

Comment by Tula Miah on November 15, 2012 at 8:16

Comment by Tula Miah on November 15, 2012 at 8:11

Members (105)

image block identification

© 2024   Created by National Theatre Wales.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service