Before I Leave

Here you can keep up to date with Before I Leave, plus be one of the first to see our I'll Sing this Song digital resource.

See Before I Leave at Sherman Theatre, Cardiff from Friday 27 May - Saturday 11 June

Find out more about the show here

• Paul Thomas | Bwtîc

BEFORE I LEAVE’S WRITER PATRICK JONES HAS JOINED FORCES WITH NTW TEAM, FILMMAKER KYM EPTON, PHOTOGRAPHER AND DESIGNER PAUL THOMAS AND MUSICIAN BEN TINNISWOOD TO TEACH THREE CHOIRS OF PEOPLE LIVING WITH DEMENTIA TO SING BEFORE I LEAVE, THE BRAND NEW SONG NICKY WIRE AND JAMES DEAN BRADFIELD OF THE MANIC STREET PREACHERS HAVE WRITTEN FOR THE PRODUCTION.

The project, called I’ll Sing this Song, will result in a short film about the experiences of the choirs from Wrexham, Barry and Brecon, and a very special digital resource for choirs across the country to download and use. The interactive online life of the project will open it up to many more people, and draw on the profiles of Patrick & NTW to raise awareness and understanding of dementia. Patrick will continue to work with all three choirs after the production has closed, and help them to explore music of their choice.

---

MAE AWDUR BEFORE I LEAVE, PATRICK JONES WEDI YMUNO Â TEAM NATIONAL THEATRE WALES, Y GWNEUTHURWR FFILMIAU KYM EPTON,
    Y FFOTOGRAFFYDD A’R DYLUNYDD PAUL THOMAS A’R CERDDOR BEN TINNISWOOD I DDYSGU TRI CHÔR O BOBL SY’N BYW GYDA DEMENTIA I GANU BEFORE I LEAVE, Y GÂN NEWYDD SBON Y MAE NICKY WIRE A
    JAMES DEAN BRADFIELD O’R MANIC STREET PREACHERS
    WEDI EI HYSGRIFENNU AR GYFER Y CYNHYRCHIAD.

Bydd y prosiect, o’r enw I’ll Sing This Song, yn arwain at ffilm fer am brofiadau’r corau o Wrecsam, y Barri ac Aberhonddu, ac adnodd digidol arbennig iawn i gorau ledled y wlad i’w lawrlwytho a’i ddefnyddio. Bydd bywyd rhyngweithiol, ar-lein y prosiect yn ei agor i lawer mwy o bobl, ac yn defnyddio proffiliau Patrick a National Theatre Wales i godi ymwybyddiaeth a dealltwriaeth o ddementia. Bydd Patrick yn parhau i weithio gyda’r tri chôr ar ôl i’r cynhyrchiad gau, a’u helpu i archwilio cerddoriaeth o’u dewis.

THIS PROJECT IS KINDLY SUPPORTED BY THE BARING FOUNDATION

GYDA CHEFNOGAETH GAREDIG Y BARING FOUNDATION

• Paul Thomas | Bwtîc

• Paul Thomas | Bwtîc

• Paul Thomas | Bwtîc

• Paul Thomas | Bwtîc

• Paul Thomas | Bwtîc

“HAD A QUICK LITTLE IDEA, THOUGHT IT COULD BE QUITE EPIC!!!”

This was the opening line to an email I received from Patrick late one night, and this is honestly where the project started. In the email, Patrick gave us a framework for a project, which would eventually turn into ‘I’ll Sing this Song’. A week or so before that, Patrick, my colleague Mawgaine and I had spent a day together talking about possibilities, and he had taken us to the Six Bells mining memorial for inspiration. We all realised that Before I Leave gave us a unique opportunity to create something that could be much bigger than the show itself. Patrick’s idea was perfect, Mawgaine wrote an application that summed it up brilliantly, and The Baring Foundation backed us.

DEVINDA DE SILVA

HEAD OF COLLABORATION / PENNAETH CYDWEITHREDU