Anna Poole

Female

Cardiff and Birmingham

United Kingdom

Profile Information:

What I do:
Director
A little more about me:
I am a freelance theatre director. I am co-founder and director at otherMother, and am an artist on Platform with Theatr Iolo and the Park and Dare Theatre. I was an artist on The Birmingham Rep Foundry programme 2014, and former TEAM Assistant at NTW.
Projects I’m working on:
otherMother

Lady Lust performed and devised by Sarah Hamilton Baker, The Birmingham Rep, January 2016

Dare to Reimagine with Theatr Iolo and Park and Dare Theatre, 2016
Twitter @username:
annaloupoole

Comment Wall:

• Guy O'Donnell

Hi Anna I am an Arts Officer in Bridgend thought you might be interested in the project below ?
    Thanks
    Are you aged 16 – 25? Could you create a must-read review of theatre or music? Co-ordinated by Bridgend County Borough Council’s Arts and Community Development, the Young Critics’ Scheme aims to develop and showcase the critical voices of young people and encourage them to think critically about the theatrical or musical productions they have seen.

Organised in partnership with the National Theatre of Wales and Academi, one of the National Theatre Wales’ new critics and ex-editor of Buzz magazine, Ben Bryant, will mentor and run workshop sessions to encourage participants to write and explore the role of the art critic, coming up with different ways to respond to theatre and live art including using Face Book, Vimeo and Twitter.

Throughout the coming months, the young critics will be encouraged to write a number of theatrical and musical reviews, beginning with a review of the National Theatre’s Wales production of ‘Love Steals us from Loneliness’ by Gary Owen, which will be performed in Hobos, Bridgend in October.

To get involved in this exciting new project, please call Bridgend County Borough Council’s Arts Project officer Guy O’Donnell, on (01656) 642727, or email: arts@bridgend.gov.uk.
  • David Evans

Welcome to NTW, Provincial Life will be a great project to work on.

David

• Bambo Soyinka

Hello Anna,

Thanks for getting back to me about Dial 419. I'm meeting up with volunteers this Monday. Are you free anytime in the afternoon?

Bambo

• Sarah Jane Leigh

I seem drunk in the video hahahahaha do I always sound like that? hehe :) 

• Bambo Soyinka

Hello again, can you make 3.30 at Cafe One near the station?
  • Mathilde Lopez

Anna, lovely to meet you yesterday. And posted add on Team for another show. m

• Sarah Jane Leigh

Hey Anna, Let me know if you need TEAM members to help with WORD4WORD :) x

• Sarah Jane Leigh

Awesome! Are you going to WMC tomorrow? x

• Sarah Jane Leigh

Can do Wednesday after the TEAM thing? x

• Kelly Page

Anna, welcome to the NTW team ... a great group and working with Devinda can only mean one thing = fun!! :-) Enjoy ... 

• Rosie

Thanks Anna! Sounds awesome. I'll join it now. 

• Catrin Picand-Jones

Thank You Anna!!! Will do!

See You Soon x

• phil stevens

Hi, Anna Louise Poole, Is that an Edinburgh Taxi I see you on in your pic ? wher are your word 4 word held, is it Cardiff ? ever thought of touring, Glyndwr university, Llangollen....just a thought.  

• Franklyn Jacks

Hi Anna, just to let you know i am planning something within the next few weeks. I am keeping a lid on things at the moment, but things should be up and running shortly and i was just wondering if i could discuss this with you at a later date? I know this may sound a little vague at the moment but after the next week or so things will become more clear. Would it be possible for me to send you a personal message within the next few weeks as i'd like to tell you what i am planning and i'd like your advice and your help? If you have a twitter and a facebook page, please keep checking over the coming weeks. Thankyou.

• Lisa Wells-Turner

Thanks for your message and it's lovely to be on the TEAM. 

See you soon!

x.

• Franklyn Jacks

Hiya Anna, hope you're well, i'm just letting you know that i have sent you a message to your email about our meeting next wednesday, could you get back to me ASAP please, thankyou very much. I'm really looking forward to meeting you.

Franklyn.

• Alan Samuel

Hey Anna, 

Very brilliant to meet you also. Saturday went really well, feedback has been really positive. Sunday was a good get out too, plenty of laughs and more food! You don't know what you've done though...now I have a TEAM hoodie try stopping me from meddling in NTW business. No problem on the Rhayader loop - you're in.

Take care,

Al

• Geoff 'Dylan Wilde' Moriarty

Hi Anna,

thanks for the lovely welcome and the kind words about the work I did for SOTS. I really wish I could have been there to see it come to life.

I shall keep an eye out on the TEAM page for any upcoming projects. If you end up being one short for anything or need a proof-reader then I'm more than happy to help.

Take care,

Geoff.

• Michael-Adam Shookhye

Hi Anna,

Thanks so much for getting into contact. I have emailed you on you NTW account.

Hope you to hear from you soon.

Michael-Adam

• Sophie Herrmann

Thanks! I'm going to pop along on Thursday! x

• Laura H Drane

Thanks for the welcome and am sure to be in touch sometime. Laura

• Khethiwe Ncube

Hi Anna,

It was great meeting you also. I've sent you an email with a rough idea

thanks,

Khethiwe

• Susan Kingman

Hi Anna,

Thanks for getting in touch. I'll have a look around the TEAM pages and am sure I'll be in touch soon!

All the best,

Susan

• Gareth Lord

Hi Anna

I have now joined several groups on the website

Look forward to working with this company in the future

I have given details of my projects on my profile so I hope that people will start giving me feedback and suggestions on how to get them off the ground in the future

All the best

Gareth (Gaz)

• Alexandra Newbon Liddle

Thank you!!

• Christopher Young

Hey Anna,

Thanks again for all your help today, I owe you one! Was great to meet you and look forward to DeGabay and to meeting some other people to! Deffinitly keep in touch and if you ever need anything sound wise then feel free to give me a shout and I'll help out any way i can.

Cheers

Chris

• Hugrún Jensen

Hi Anna :) Brilliant, I most certainly will. Thank you for the information. 

Best wishes, 

Hugrún. 

• Tom Lloyd-Kendall

Hi Anna-

Thanks for the lovely warm welcome to National Theatre Wales Community and the TEAM! I will certainly be keeping a close on the Groups, and looking out for some fantastic opportunities!!

All the best,

Tom x

• Jack Muir

Hi Anna, thank you for the warm welcome! 

I'm actually involved in Stories of the Streetz next week, so very excited about that. 

Hamlet was brilliant thanks! Very well received from what I've heard. 

Looking forward to being involved with TEAM. Hopefully speak to you soon

Many thanks

Jack

• Dewi Evans

Hey Anna send it along to contact@dewievans.co.uk :-)
  • Allan Williams

Hello Anna,

Just to let you know that Loose Cannons will be performing at the Ucheldre Centre Holyhead on 22nd and 23rd November in a play called The Empty Theatre which is a ghost story for Christmas.Would be good if some of you guys could make it up here.

Best Wishes

Allan.

• Allan Williams

Hello Anna,

Excellent, look forward to welcoming you back to indian country soon.

Allan.

• Emma MacNab

Hi Anna,
    Really hope Paralell Lines has been and is continuing to be awesome. I'm really hoping to get there to see it later this week.
    Also, crossing fingers that I'm back from rehearsals in time to get to the Silly Kings TEAM night.
    But let's meet up soon! First week of December? What's your fairy looking like?
    X x
  • Allan Williams

Hello Anna,

Thank you for the plug for Empty Theatre it went very well  I'm glad to say.

We also met Khethi who was kind enough to come along and support.

Allan.

• Emma MacNab

Fab. Well maybe Friday? We could meet in Barkers and get a detox smoothie after my inevitable binge eating in the week before shows. That givves a few days after performance to get my head back into Skill Swap mode. If not then Thursday before lunch? X
  • Allan Williams

Hello Anna,

Glad Khethi enjoyed it. Next production for Loose Cannons will be March 2014 over the border in Ellesmere Port as part of their Arts Festival, again performing our own work.

By the way my new email address is williamsallan64@gmail.com

Allan.

• Siwan Humphreys

Hi Anna,

Tried to email a response to the Team email address in your message re: new project but the email didn't seem to work? Perhaps a slight error in address or my server being useless- team@nationaltheatrewales.org 
    Is there a better way for me to show my interest in being part of your project?

Hope the urban mermaid is keeping you busy!

Siwan

• Dylan JR

Hi Anna; I am interested in contributing as a writer to the e-mail I received from TEAM today but was unable to use the link provided . I therefore  thought I'd e-mail you directly to express my interest. I will also speak to Kelly (hopefully over the weekend if she's around) Good luck to you both with "The Drowned Girl" .

Cheers,

Dylan

• Jac Ifan Moore

Thanks very much Anna, I'll be looking in to these

J

• Jain Boon

Thanks Anna!
  • Tobias Manderson-Galvin

*bow*