Paul Jenkins

Male

Profile Information:

What I do:
I make theatre
A little more about me:
I've been back in Cardiff about 5 years. I'm super keen to develop as a director and dramaturg having worked for many years as an actor and playwright in London and Europe. I'm interested in exploring the boundaries between documentary and verbatim theatre and performance art. I love the work and words of Grotowski, Kantor & Artaud ... would really like to see some of their principles at work in accessible, popular, socially relevant performance in Wales.
Projects I’m working on:
Hamlets - R&D with WMC, Theatr Clwyd, Newport Riverfront & Fran Wen. As dramaturg, director Gethin Evans
Port Talbot Got A Banksy - with WMC/Alecky Blythe. As director.
Recent: Assistant director - Cherry Orchard (Sherman)
Director - Twenty16 (Theatr Iolo)
Dramaturg - Us Proclaimed (Mess Up The Mess)
Writer - These Trees Are Made Of Blood (Arcola), Red Star Newport (Radio 4)
Personal Website/CV:
http://www.linkedin.com/profile/edit?locale=en_US&goback=%2Enpe...
Twitter @username:
pauljenx

Comment Wall:

• Kaite O'Reilly

Paul - thank you so much for your kind words and the generosity of sending them to me.

I am so delighted you enjoyed the piece so much....

Hope to meet up sometime - thanks so much for making contact xx

• Kaite O'Reilly

Thank you for this.... to my great embarrassment, I have only seen this comment now, paul.... So thank you so so much - and I'm sorry I hadn't been in touch before!

x

• Simon Coates

HI Paul

Welcome to the WalesLab group - great that you are here. We will be accepting new applications in the next few weeks so keep an eye for that and let me know if you have any specific q's.