Tracy Evans

Female

Wales

United Kingdom

Profile Information:

What I do:
Make performances and create theatrical events; organise and facilitate participatory arts projects; practice-based PhD
A little more about me:
I'm from Ballycotton, a little fishing village on the south coast of Ireland. I did my first degree (Drama) in Manchester Uni in 1997-2000. I really got into applied theatre practice, and went on to train as a Drama teacher at Manchester Met. After 15 years of working in education and community settings, I have stepped away from this work.

Since 2012 I have begun making my own solo work, which I continue to do as part of my PhD practice.

I have also begun to make work for a more traditional theatre setting, although I wouldn't call the work itself traditional. It's really influenced by Welsh-based practitioners like Mike Pearson and Jill Greenhalgh, and a broader concept of performance and post-dramatic theatre.

I am a member of the Yr Odyn Cohort with Volcano Theatre Company, and I was awarded a WalesLab development bursary (2014) for my latest project (below).
Projects I’m working on:
Having passed through the first phase of development for my WalesLab project: 'My Real Mother' (March 2014), with mentoring support from Richard, Renny & Simon at Quarantine theatre company, I am now exploring where to take this work in 2015.

I am also very active in supporting the emerging arts scene in Bridgend in Carnegie House.

Also ongoing PhD research which explores Feminist narratives of childbirth.
Personal Website/CV:
http://www.traceofthesea.com
Twitter @username:
@traceofthesea

Comment Wall:

• Nathan Keates

Tracy, is the impro club still existent and if so do they perform? Perhaps it was just a workshop group, but still good to gain the contact.

Thanks,
    Nathan
  • Simon Coates

Hi Tracy - 

If you want to write a quick blog post about the scratch platform in Bridgend we'd be happy to feature it on the front of the community page.

sx

• jo munton-vagabondi puppets

Hey Tracey - yeah i had twigged it was the same tracey! cyber world freinds - look forward to meeting ya propa  xjo