Ray Thomas

76, Male

Vale of Glamorgan

United Kingdom

Profile Information:

What I do:
Founder/ Director - A48 THEATRE COMPANY, CARDIFF; Supporting artiste work - Da Vinci's Demons; Casualty; Torchwood; Ironclad; Y Pris; actor and director with Everyman, Cardiff
A little more about me:
Retired teacher (HoD - Secondary) and Lecturer (University of South Wales [Directing] and F.E.) - Drama/ Theatre/ Performing Arts in UK and Singapore; enjoy acting but prefer directing; interested and involved since the age of 16; drummer and backing vocalist in a variety of bands (over 26 years of experience) again in UK and Singapore. Also 18 years working in Community Education, as a Senior Manager, for Somerset County Council. Drama and Theatre Training/ Workshops in UK (Gest Train) and in Singapore. One professional stage appearance - "Hysteria" at The Northcott Theatre, Exeter (Dir. Kate Saxon). First Theatre Director of the school-based 525-seat "Community Theatre" (now Medina Theatre/ Mountbatten Centre) - Newport, Isle of Wight.
Projects I’m working on:
Directed near sell-out performances of Thornton Wilder's "Our Town"; (Chapter; for Everyman Theatre, Cardiff 2014; Peter Nichols' "A Day in the Death of Joe Egg" (Chapter; for Everyman Theatre, Cardiff 2016); "From Laugharne to ....." (for The Drill Hall Theatre, Mullumbimby, NSW, Australia 2015; for Everyman Theatre, Cardiff [Various dates and venues]); Patricia Cornelius' "Do Not Go Gentle" (and International collaborative production, in Wales and Australia (with The Drill Hall Theatre and Everyman Theatre). I founded and co-ordinated "Everyman's Theatre Lab - Melting Pot" - an initiative aiming to help re-energise the Company by a programme of skills development, experimenting, creating new work, training - with professional input; built links with RSC's Training programme; built bridges between amateur and professional elements of our business.

Completed M.A.Drama (Distinction) at University of South Wales - 2014. Final Production - "THE THUNDER & LIGHTNING MAN" (Andrew Crosse); invited to lecture on Directing (2015 - 2017); Founded A48 THEATRE COMPANY, CARDIFF - MAY 2018; purpose: International Collaborative Theatre Projects and Productions.
Personal Website/CV:
http://being developed - hard copy available.
Twitter @username:
Not yet!

Comment Wall:

Load Previous Comments
  • Anna Poole

Hi Ray, 

Thank you for getting in touch, it's really lovely to hear from you.  I would love to meet up and chat about this further.  If you send me an email we can sort out when, my email is annapoole88@gmail.com. 

All the best, 

Anna 

• Sianna Reader

Hi Ray. 

Thank you for the replying to my post. I am looking for all kinds of work in theatre, be it professional or amateur. I will look into the companies you suggested. 

All the best for the new year. 

Sianna. 

• Mathilde Lopez

Hi Ray, I've just noticed a message from you back in ...2015! I am so sorry I somehow missed it, it was about workshops for everyman theatre, I am sure you have found someone by now! Anyhow, please contact me on my company email if you need anything mathildelopez@august012.co.uk and again I am so sorry M