Simon Coates

Male

Cardiff

United Kingdom

Profile Information:

What I do:
Artistic Director, Producer, Facilitator.
A little more about me:
Supporting artists to make/discover/present new pieces of performance for audiences in Wales.

Currently Director - Taliesin Arts Centre (Swansea)

Previously, I was Head of Creative Development at National Theatre Wales where i was responsible for artist development and new ideas. I oversaw WalesLab and an expanded programme of work for artists exploring new ideas through a Creative Development framework which included residencies (wales and internationally) commissions and other opportunities.

Before that i was at Wales Millennium Centre as an Associate Producer where I was responsible for the Incubator Project, the Centre's Creative Development project. Also programming in the Weston Studio and running a lot of the Centre's community projects.

My background is in devised theatre and choreographic practices; I trained at Dartington College of Arts and went on to produce a number of performances merging theatre, dance and various written and found texts (I should probably make it clear that I am definitely not a dancer, or writer!)
Projects I’m working on:
https://www.taliesinartscentre.co.uk/
Twitter @username:
@smn_coates

Comment Wall:

• Rowena Louise Bernice Scurlock

Hi Simon,

My name is Rowena Scurlock and I'm interested in the Icubator project, what do I need to do to get involved?