All Graig Du Theatre Players Pages (108)

A Cabinet of Curiosities - Graig Du Theatre Players

I alluded to this play in an earlier post and I have included the text of the radio version of the play. In 1893, C.G Harrison, a High Church Anglican, gave a series of six lectures that caused a… View »

All Things Pass, Nothing Remains - Graig Du Theatre Players

Luke Harkaway is attending a six months media course at a community centre in the valleys. Cherishing his indepedence, Luke is the catalyst amongst the disparate group he sees every day. Gideon Coop… View »

The Enemy Within - Graig Du Theatre Players

The play tells of Julia Green, a journalist, who makes a fatal error after posting a message onTwitter. Plagued by her foolishness, she begins to question her thoughts as she sees everything is chan… View »

Unholy Redeemers - Graig Du Theatre Players 2 Comments

The setting for this play is the Chartist rebellion of 1839. William David and Dr. William Price of Llantrisant are the leaders of the Chartists in the Rhondda. Faced with his growing despair of Wal… View »

Memorial Tablet - Graig Du Theatre Players

The one-act play has been mentioned in a previous blog and I have included the opening scene. There is a clash of tradition against modernity as Connors, the developer, and Fairchild, an old stonema… View »

The Other Rebecca - Graig Du Theatre Players

This Hitchcock pastiche begins with Laurence Olivier visiting the office of James Steerforth, an ex-Scotland Yard Inspector.Olivier is set to make the film version of Rebecca with Hitchcock in Holly… View »

Werewolves - Graig Du Theatre Players 1 Comment

Another fascinating tale, again untitled, from Gwillym Pen Pwyll concerned werewolves and details that seemed particular to Wales in relevance to the legend. The poem, which Gwillym recited, changed… View »

House Without Doors - Graig Du Theatre Players

My one-act play explores the beliefs, through the fictional character of John Sparling, about modern Britain. The title refers to the British Isles without any control over migration. Sparling loses… View »

The Upper Field - Graig Du Theatre Players

This is another short work that interests me. Loneliness and desperation for a middle-aged woman is part of the subject matter, including how the past is never forgotten after a traumatic event. Liv… View »

Gwillym Pen Pwyll's Stories - Graig du Theatre Players

This is another tale that has strong elements of Welsh myth and a restless spirit that seems unyielding until she meets her doom at the hands of a local preacher. Of all the strangest tales I have… View »

RSS

image block identification

© 2024   Created by National Theatre Wales.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service