15,000 volunteers. 4 Olympic/Paralympic ceremonies. Housewives, teachers, bankers, became drummers, dancers, nurses, and workers of the Industrial Revolution. 40 ceremonies performers explore how they live on, now 2012 is over.
The show will be performed on the evening of 25 January 2014 at Resolution at The Place.
The Legacy is a contemporary dance performance which explores how the performers are coping, or not, more than a year on from the greatest shows on Earth. The performance will feature performers from London 2012 ceremonies in their original costumes and a collection of confessions and memories.
What we need for the production/performance of the piece are:
- Rehearsal space fees to create and rehearse the piece. This accounts for a major part of the budget.
- Publicity and marketing to promote the performance. We need to sell tickets in order to be able to pay back the theater!! This will include printing flyers, press release, ad campaigns on local press, online advertising etc.
- Production costs
- Budget for projection film to be made for the show.
- Lighting designer.
- Any alterations to costumes or additional items/props.
- Contribution towards refreshments on show day.
- Travel expenses contribution to production team.
If the entire goal is not reached priority will be given to production costs and budget for projection film, rehearsal space fees and marketing costs.
Please check out the perks on the right side of the page to see what we can offer you in return! The more you help, the better the show we can create!
We look forward to your support. This is an exciting opportunity to open up the process to the outside world and invite people in to show their support and interest to new choreography.
It is vital to raise some finance not only to support the ongoing costs of this community engagement project but also it will help to give the project a sustainable future after the performance. Even a small contribution now can make a big difference to keeping the flame alive for the performers of the 2012 London ceremonies.
Thank you for your support.
Some people just can’t contribute, but that doesn’t mean they can’t help:
And that’s all there is to it!!
Add a Comment