Information

De Gabay

Two years ago a group of Somali poets from Butetown walked into the National Theatre Wales office and said they wanted to make a show...

Their award-winning story begins in Somalia and sails to Cardiff’s Tiger Bay.

On the 3rd March you are welcomed to Butetown to be part of their story. Join us for two parades, intimate house visits, a parliament of poetry and a beautiful finale across the harbour.

Supported by Calouste Gulbenkian Foundation.

De Gabay will take place on Sunday 3rd March 2013, in and around Butetown, Cardiff. 

BOOK NOW (external link).

Members: 64
Latest Activity: Jun 11, 2015

Discussion Forum

Step One Enterprise in the building for personal development

Self progression is essential for the kit we carry to improve and believe in hidden muted talent that needsto be unlocked, we started a course Monday the 5th November, so yesterday we had a good…Continue

Tags: Gabay, De, TEAM

Started by HASSAN PANERO Nov 6, 2012.

Twitter Activity #DeGabay

Loading… Loading feed

Comment Wall

Add a Comment

You need to be a member of De Gabay to add comments!

Comment by HASSAN PANERO on October 1, 2012 at 5:08
Comment by HASSAN PANERO on October 1, 2012 at 5:05

A great role model in the eyes of literature for everone died last night, may Allah have mercy on him & forgive him for his sins,

De Gabay group purchased tickets to go see him last year in Swansea for a show that was called Somali Poet On Tour, but unfortunately he couldn't make due to this illness that eventually caused his death in Oslo, 

Enthusiastic, intelligent and full of inspiration although i never meet him in person we surely meet on the same page.

Maxamed Xaashi Dhamac “Gaarriye” (1951-2012)

Organizers of Somali Week Festival and their partners mourn the death of Maxamed Xaashi Dhamac “Gaarriye”, one of the most famous living Somali speaking poets. Gaarriye’s last night premature death reaches us few days after the death of Faisal Omer Mushteeg, an other prominent artist. The organizers of the festival, their partners and the visiting artists share the loss of Maxamed Xaashi Dhamac “Gaarriye” with his family and friends.

Our heartfelt condolences go out to his family, friends and colleagues.

Comment by Salaban Mohamed known as (Yusuf on July 24, 2012 at 2:09

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HvBC7tmgFFM

Watch this clip ( the upright man)

Comment by Leanne Rahman on May 28, 2012 at 18:46

Hi Everyone

We're running a workshop in Butetown tomorrow and have a few more spaces free so if you're interested please let me know and I can put your name down. Details below:

Unlocking the Secrets Behind Residencies & Grants led by Ivy Alvarez on Wednesday 30th May 10am – 3pm at The Culture and Media Centre @Loudoun Square, Plas Iona, Butetown, Cardiff, CF10 5HW

Course outline:
Residencies and grants are highly sought-after by artists and creatives, since it enables themto take time out to focus on their art. This workshop helps you to:
  • Get over the fear of the application form
  • Write a memorable project description
  • Line up your referees and write an effective CV
  • Select work for your writing sample
  • Sustain your momentum by planning ahead
With kind regards
Leanne
Comment by Gavin Porter on May 10, 2012 at 0:27

Thanks Amelia - thanks for the heads up.

Some of the guys met up with someone last week.

Comment by Amelia Forsbrook on May 8, 2012 at 0:32

Hey guys! Hope you're all doing well. Just seen this on Twitter and thought I'd spread the word... x

looking for people of Somali origin for channel4 drama. No experience ness. Email age, and photo to runopencasting@gmail.com

Comment by HASSAN PANERO on May 5, 2012 at 8:15

live from the Horn Of Africa: i report to NTW, i've got my hands on material already, well its 33 degrees and we drink hot tea to cool down try that for a change, i love you all and peace out..... send me some more info about the course below can i do it online? 

Comment by Leanne Rahman on May 4, 2012 at 19:58
NeA Training now available from BVSNW!

Thanks to a £20,000 training grant awarded by the Arts Council of Wales, the Black Voluntary Sector Network Wales are pleased to announce a new programme of professional development opportunities for Black and Minority Ethnic artists and creatives in Wales.

The NeA (Nea Ananse) programme will host over 10 courses delivered by highly trained experts from organisations such as Arts & Business Cymru, Cardiff Metropolitan University and Creative and Cultural Skills Wales.

Courses will focus on Networking – Finance – Leadership – Event Planning – Time Management – Pitching – Exhibiting – Marketing – Sponsorship – Business Planning. This grant means that BVSNW can offer courses at a flat fee of £20 saving participants potentially hundreds of pounds.

For programme information and to book places visit www.neatraining.co.uk or contact Leanne at info@neatraining.co.uk or call 02920 440188 Find NeA on Facebook and follow on Twitter @BVSNW

Note: Travel subsidies and free places available depending on individual circumstances.
Comment by Gavin Porter on March 27, 2012 at 3:30

Comment by HASSAN PANERO on February 6, 2012 at 4:38

hey World .... a big thanks to every one that made it possibly to perform specially to the the Dream Team MATILDA LOPEZ, GAVIN PORTER & YUSEF MOHAMMED (GURAY). In the canopy of respect we thank everyone for supporting us and we  have learned so much and wish we taught you guys a thing or 2.lool DONT FORGET. 3 LITTLE BIRDS WILL CONFESS ONCE AGAIN BOB MARLEY.

HASSAN PANERO

Members (61)

image block identification

© 2024   Created by National Theatre Wales.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service