Information

NTW09: The Weather Factory

This is the group for The Weather Factory: official tag: NTW09
View all blog posts about The Weather Factory

Members: 66
Latest Activity: Sep 25, 2014

Discussion Forum

Your Weather Reports

I'm collecting stories about the weather...I've been meeting people to talk about the weather every time I return to Snowdonia, and so far some of the highlights have been stories of sudden silences…Continue

Tags: research, weather

Started by David Harradine Mar 25, 2010.

Live results for ntw09 around the web

Loading… Loading feed

Comment Wall

Add a Comment

You need to be a member of NTW09: The Weather Factory to add comments!

Comment by Siân Thomas on November 10, 2010 at 1:50
it's from one of my all time fave movies and it's one of my all time fave songs, pretty perfect i'd say :)
Comment by Siân Thomas on November 9, 2010 at 8:41
Comment by David Harradine on November 8, 2010 at 8:55

Comment by David Harradine on November 8, 2010 at 8:53

Comment by David Harradine on November 8, 2010 at 8:45
Today has been:

Stitching moss.
Pinning 12 photographs onto the wall. 48 pins in all. Another 2000 photos to go.
Photographing barometers.
Watching blocks of changing colour in a room full of TVs.
Listening to skylarks.
Lena Horne singing "Stormy Weather"
Ella Fitzgerald singing "Stormy Weather"
Gladys Night singing "Stormy Weather"
Frank Sinatra singing "Stormy Weather"
Another 19 people singing "Stormy Weather"
Wearing my hat and coat and scarf and gloves in the house while trying to work.
Seeing snow (or is it heavy frost) on the mountains for the first time.
Now: a cloudless sky, the sound of the wind buffeting these windows, infinite stars, winter's coming.
Comment by David Harradine on November 8, 2010 at 8:41
We'd been sorting out all the stuff in the house, and I came across a big pile of very old school exercise books. Opening the book for English Literature, the very first sentence I read - and this is the truth, the absolute truth - the very first sentence I read was "sometimes when they go to the theatre, people do not mind where they sit". Here we are making a theatrical installation in a house on the edge of Snowdonia. There are a few chairs, for sure, but people who visit will be walking around the house, exploring it like a walk in the landscape...they may or may not mind where they sit.

I like signs like this.

Later the same day we have an appointment with Robert, the local chimney sweep, come to get the fireplace working. When he finds out what we're doing he tells us he used to be an actor in Pobol y Cwm! Then he tells us he wants to make a film about the changing of the seasons and how you see this in the trees. An actor who wants to make work about the landscape, here to make us a fire.

I really like signs like these...
Comment by Siân Thomas on October 27, 2010 at 11:14
hi there, i know that tickets go on sale on nov 8th but wondered if you can let us know the dates of the shows and the location yet?
Comment by Lucy Davies on October 20, 2010 at 9:23
ah how exciting, after such a long journey, to be working with you david hot on the heels of ON AGEING, your beautiful beautiful memorable show at the young vic. it'll be good to be back up the A470 and on the road north again xx
Comment by David Harradine on October 20, 2010 at 8:48

Comment by David Harradine on October 20, 2010 at 8:44
...after a long silence, work started today on The Weather Factory, a marvellous day marked here in Penygroes by a cold cold wind and brilliant sunshine, punctuated briefly by clouds of grey and purple and black, and a few moments of hail.

After months of looking we've finally found and fixed a location: Cynwyd, a beautiful atmospheric detached 1950s house.

I arrived last night, and at the moment I'm here with Ali Beale, co-designer and production manager on the project. We started to try out some ideas to do with rain, as that seems to be the best place to start when you're making a piece about the weather here in Snowdonia. The rest of the creative team join us next week, and there'll be much more in the house and on here soon...

Members (61)

image block identification

© 2024   Created by National Theatre Wales.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service